Chapter 2

(Y/N) opened her eyes only to have sunlight almost immediately blind her. She grumbled and flipped to her side to cover her face from the bright light. She accidentally pressed on the Freddy plush's nose which gave a little honking noise. Only then did she register the constant ringing of her phone on her nightstand. She blindly reached for it and accidentally knocked over her lamp. She groaned and picked up the phone.

"Hello?" she greeted groggily, sleep evident in her voice. She cringed when she realized it must've sounded a bit rude to the person on the other end.

"Oh, I'm sorry, did I wake you?" came the voice of Fredrick's apologetic tone. Her eyes immediately widened and she scrambled to sit up. She wiped a hand over her face to try and scrub away her wooziness.

"N-No! I was awake for a bit before you called." That was a lie but he didn't need to know that.

"Ah, I see. I called to let you know that you got the job! You can come here at around 5 or 6 so that I could give you something you'll need to make your job easier. You'll start on Monday though." he said gleefully.

(Y/N) choked on her spit. Holy shit, she got the job!

"A-Are you ok?! (Y/N), what's wrong? Do you need an ambulance?!" Fredrick frantically asked. It was almost comical.

"I-I'm fine. You don't need to worry, Fredrick. I just really didn't expect to get the job." she replied, a stupid grin plastered on her face, "I'll be there."

"See you later, kid. Bye." he replied. She didn't have time to reply before the call ended.

She sighed and fell back on her bed again. She didn't have plans today and it was only 1 pm. It would be hours until she would have to arrive at her new job. God, does she feel happy mentioning that it's her job now. She always loved new things and having to repair animatronics instead of cars was a blessing. Not only that but it was her pleasure to make children happy although indirectly.

She felt her stomach rumble. She stood up to get to her kitchen, lazily shuffling her way through her home. She almost bumped into a lamp getting there; she was still drowsy. She snatched her cereal off the counter and got fresh milk from her fridge. She probably needs to go grocery shopping soon. She poured in the cereal and then the milk, and remembered she needed a spoon. She shook her head quickly in an attempt to clear her mind from sleep.

She rested her chin on her palm as she ate. She really needed to sleep earlier especially since she's getting this job. She would really hate it if she, for some reason, fell asleep on the job. She's an adult now. She's supposed to be responsible, but she won't let that stop her from having a shit load of fun in the process. She smiled at the thought. She knew she would love working at Freddy's. It was just a gut feeling, of course, but she had always trusted gut feelings.

She finished her cereal and threw it in the sink. She'd wash it when she got home later tonight. She went back upstairs to take a quick shower and glanced at her wall clock. It was still quite early to be getting ready to leave but she supposed doing it earlier was better. Once she was done, she slipped out of the shower and put on her clothes. Just a simple (F/C) sweater tucked in her jeans. She put on her socks but didn't put on her shoes just yet.

She looked at the time and had 3 hours to spare. Hmm, maybe her mom was right about needing a roommate. It was so quiet here and sometimes, it was a bit unsettling. Perhaps it was just the various horror movies that had gotten into her head when she was a child. That's how she learned not to trust strangers. Having someone to live with her wasn't a bad prospect though. She'll settle that later when she has time.