August 26, 1989

Dinger and I spent the whole day together, and he showed me around that little park. And it was so much fun, and so beautiful there. That might've been the best day I've had in a long time. But now it was Saturday, and I was home alone.

Which doesn't sound that bad, but I'm not allowed to leave the house. And I don't know Dinger or Bobby's numbers, so basically I was alone with MTV and my records. I watched some tv, but then turned it off and listened to some records and I decided I was gonna take a nap. It was about 9:30, so I figured I could sleep a little bit more, considering Dinger had kept me out half the night!

Oh yeah, there's a reason I'm not allowed to leave the house. My parents think Dinger's a good kid, and they know that I'm a good one, but they did not like me coming home at one in the morning. My parents went away for some romantic vacation together and won't be home until Monday, but I was only grounded for the day so I figured I could follow the rules. They also paid the neighbors to make sure I didn't leave today, so I figured I should just do my best to lay low. I drifted off to sleep, and hoped this day would go faster.
-
I woke up to knocking at my window. I checked the time and it was 11. So much for a small nap. I walked over to my window, still a little disoriented from sleeping, and saw Dinger.

"Open your window!" He called up. I did.

"What do you want?" I asked, yawning.

"Geez, do you do anything other than sleep?"

"Yeah, I get in trouble because of you." I scrunched up my face. "Sorry."

"Hey, I take no offense." He just stood there. "Come outside! I wanna do something and Bobby is still all weird. He barely wants to talk to me even though I'm am trying to help him out. That kid."

"I can't! I'm grounded for the day."

"Hope, I can clearly tell that your parents are not home."

"Yes, but the neighbors are. How about you come in?"

"Ugh, fine."

Dinger started to walk over to where the front door was and I hadn't even left my room before he was at my door.

"How did you get up here so fast?"

"Got my cast off!" He smiled proudly.

"Then why do you still have the cane?"

"Oh, I um. Fashion?"

"Uhuh." I giggled at him.

"Ya got any cool movies?"

"Uh yeah, check the cabinet my TV is on."

I laid down on my bed, and started reading The Catcher In The Rye. It was one of my favorite books, to be honest.

Dinger, in his usual ADHD fashion, walked over to me with scissors.
"Can I cut your hair?"

"Dinger! No!"

"Why not!? I'd do such a good job!"

"Cut my hair and I cut you." I gave him a dangerous look.

"HAH!" He fell over laughing. "You wouldn't dare hurt me!"

"I do what I want!"

"Oh just admit it, you love me!"

"I do not!" I said laughing. I threw my book at him.

"Sure ya don't."

"Dinger." He looked at me very intently. "Scissors. Down."

He sat them down and put his hands up. "Alright you win!" He then jumped on my bed with the book I threw. "Whatcha readin?"