-2-

As class was coming to an end, Courtney dreaded being, possibly alone in a classroom with Duncan, she didn't truly know him yet, or did she know anything about him.

The bell rung and out of the corner of her eye she saw Duncan smirking, once everyone left the classroom the teacher turned to Duncan and Courtney.

She walked over to their table and slammed her hands on the table, Courtney jumped but Duncan wasn't phased.

"You two go to the library, now!" The teacher demanded, Courtney quickly collected her things and walked to the library, Duncan on the other hand took his time to piss the teacher off.

"Nelson go now before I give you two days of detention!" Duncan rolled his eyes and left the classroom, he caught up with Courtney and they walked silently together.

Once they got to the library they sat down and chef hatchet walked in, chef hatchet had many jobs in the school like the janitor, cook in the kitchen, librarian, and many others.

"You two go put these books in the bookcases, if I catch you slacking off you get another day of detention got it?" Chef hatched ordered, and they obliged.

They took the stack of books and walked over to a empty bookcase, Duncan could see that Courtney was angry at him but he didn't care, he wanted to get to know her for some weird reason.

"Is this your first time in detention?" Duncan asked as they put the books up, Courtney kept putting the books up, ignoring him.

"Come on court, quit blanking me and talk to me." Duncan ordered and Courtney rolled her eyes.

"Why should I talk to you if your the reason I'm stuck in here?" Courtney asked and Duncan shrugged. Courtney looked around the library and saw some others.

"Who are those people?" Courtney asked, Duncan looked up and looked toward where she was pointing.

"Well that chick over there, that's heather. The biggest bitch in the school." Duncan shook his head at her.

"I heard that!" Heather yelled as she continued to file her nails. Duncan rolled his eyes and turned his attention back to Courtney.

"What about.. him?" Courtney pointed toward a tan boy with long dark hair, that was attempting to flirt with heather.

"That Alejandro, he's the biggest flirt, he gets a new girl every week then dumps them."
Duncan looked into Courtney's eyes and found out that he could get lost in them.

"Also if I were you I'd steer clear of heather, she's as mean as a snake, she even read Gwens diary in front of the whole school." Courtney gasped and Duncan nodded.

"Oh no but there's more, she pushed a girl down the stairs and she broke her leg, she was a cheerleader and the next day she couldn't perform and it was a state tournament." Duncan said and Courtney glared at heather.

"Thanks for telling me that Duncan." Courtney smiled at him and he smiled back, Courtney soon turned her attention back to putting the books in the bookcase.

About twenty minutes later they we're almost done putting the books in the bookcases. Courtney groaned and Duncan looked at her strangely.

"This is probably the most boring thing I've done in my life." Courtney whined and Duncan chuckled quietly.

"You know it could be way worse." Duncan said as he looked into her eyes. Courtney raised a brow and looked at him curiously.

"Really how?" Courtney asked and Duncan thought if he wanted to say this or not but he did.

"I could be stuck here without you to talk to." Duncan smiled and Courtneys cheeks turned a soft red, she giggled at him and continued to put the books away.

"Finally we're done!" They said in unison as they walked back to their desks to collect their things.

They walked out of the school and Courtney turned to him and smiled.

"Surprisingly I kinda had fun." Courtney giggled and Duncan laughed.

"Me too princess, we'll see you tomorrow. Try not to miss me!" Duncan smirked and walked away toward his car, Courtney did the same and drove home.

Once she got home she looked at her phone to see many texts from Bridgette, Courtney got worried and called Bridgette.

"Hello?" Bridgette said on the other end of the phone.

"Yeah Bridgette you texted me like a million times, what's going on?" Courtney asked as she put her backpack on the couch.

"Well Geoff and I are gonna throw a party at the beach, and I was wondering if you wanted to go." Bridgette asked.

"Of course I will go, I'll just have to ask my mom." Courtney laughed and Bridgette joined in.

"Why weren't you answering my texts, where were you?" Bridgette asked and Courtney rolled her eyes.

"Well Duncan got me detention and we had to put up books together, it wasn't so bad but it was still bad."

"Okay tell me all about it later I gotta pack for tomorrow, bye!" Bridgette said and Courtney smiled.

"Bye see you then." Courtney hung up and went upstairs to pack her bag for the beach.

She went into her closet and picked out a bikini that she recently bought, it was black but it made her look good, it made her look amazing according to Bridgette.

She put the bathing suit in her jaw sting bag and grabbed her sunglasses, sunscreen, towel, and her sun hat. She decided to bring her volleyball just in case.

She put her bag in the corner of her room and suddenly she realized how tired she was, she quickly changed and got into bed. She closed her eyes and sleep consumed her.

Tomorrow will be the best!