chapter six

All Rights Reserved Copyrighted 2019

Chapter Six

I soon found myself having the same voice greet me the rest of the week every time that I went to sleep. I never saw him, though his voice both calmed and irritated me at the same time. I did not like how his name brought a delightful shiver upon my spine, as though I would never tire of him saying my name. I knew that I didn't want to feel these very things because I didn't feel as though I was in control.

These dreams weren't meant for my pleasure.

It was meant for the man who owned the voice. He was the one who was supposed to be happy with seeing me. He already thought that I was meant to know him through The Moirai, that they had made sure I would be welcomed with this man. He made it sound like we were going to meet eventually, in the future, outside of this dreamscape world that had been created for us.

I didn't tell Mom or Dad about it. I found no reason to do so. I knew that Mom had already thought that Dad was torturing me with practice lectures in the beginning, and Dad would have thought that I was cursed because of my name. He was odd in that manner, but I still loved him despite him naming me after a tragic Greek myth.

"Uh...Icarus, are you still there?"

Turning my head, I noted that Julito had his eyebrow arched upwards as he looked at me. We were currently eating lunch, and I was sitting with both Julito and Chloe-Rae away from the area of the cafeteria where Haiden and Kendall were.

"Sorry," I sheepishly apologized, finding that Chloe-Rae was currently sipping on some soda with a crazy curly straw. She always carried crazy curly straws around with her incase she just wanted to drink with one. I never questioned her odd items she always brought along with her in her purse.

"You haven't been getting any sleep lately; I was talking to your mom. Apparently you have been having some odd dreams that wake you up," Chloe-Rae suddenly piped up, earning a groan from me. It would be my luck that Mom would end up having some time with Chloe-Rae; they must have been doing yoga lately.

"Why must you do yoga?" I almost demanded from her, earning an eye roll from Chloe-Rae before she took a long sip from her soda. It was Pepsi.

"There are very few things that I enjoy doing, Icarus. Yoga just happens to be one of them," she responded with a shrug, sitting her Pepsi can down onto the cafeteria table. The straw was a brilliant red, matching with the red in the logo. Her nails were still black though, still as onyx as ever.

I rolled my eyes, "I guess to each their own." I knew that I wouldn't get anywhere with Chloe-Rae, she'd just point the obvious truths. One of those obvious truths happened to be that she enjoyed yoga.

"But yeah, I have been having some weird dreams. They never last long, I get closer to the person who speaks to me in the dreams but other than that nothing happens," I admitted, earning a nod from Chloe-Rae. I was thankful that she wasn't pulling out her spiral notebook and scribbling down everything that I was telling her.

"So someone is talking to you in the dream? And you don't ever see their face? Or you haven't seen his face?" she probed to me and I nodded my head, in confirmation, before a light smirk danced across her lips.

"Interesting, more research should be made from this," she mumbled to herself, before she reached down and began to dig through her backpack so that she could search through her leather journals for some Earth Bound books that had to talk about interpreting one's dreams. Julito gave nervous glances at them, but most things that went against the Catholic religion in his household made him nervous.