chapter four

All Rights Reserved Copyrighted 2019

Chapter Four

I would usually wait around to learn what Kendall and Haiden were doing after school, to know if we could hang out or schedule for us to hang out later in the week. Chloe-Rae never told me when she could hang out with me whenever those two were around; she sometimes just appeared at the front porch of my house. It didn't help that she appeared when I was wondering about her either.

"Hey, Olsson, wait a minute!"

I turned my head; I had reached my parking spot where my car sat in front of me. It was nothing special. Dad could obviously get me the nicest car on the road since he was futile with his money but we were on the richer side.

He never went across seas unless he had to, and during the summer he usually had to go over to Greece in order to teach seminars. He never took us with him since he knew that Mom wanted us all to go around Greece and not just me and her, because at the end of the day we'd have been sight seeing and Dad would have been cramped up in a university.

I turned, finding that one of my classmates from my Greek language class was heading towards me. He was one of the guys that hung out with Kendall and Haiden more than I did, so I had a feeling that he was coming to confront me and find out if I had really decided to stop being friends with them. I wasn't in the mood to answer him though, since it was the last thing I wanted to talk about.

I dismissed the teenager and got into the car before I shut the driver's door. I kept my window rolled up, knowing that I didn't want him to come up to me and have the opportunity to be able to converse with me freely. As I had said before, I wasn't in the mood for this.

To be honest with the way that I had been acting all day, with ending my friendship with Kendall and Haiden, one would think that others would realize that I wasn't in the mood to talk to them. I wasn't in the mood to tell them the reason why I had stopped being friends with them.

I knew that I would be welcomed with the love triangle rumor soon enough. If Kendall and Haiden weren't as straight as could be then I would honestly say that it would have some power to the rumor but they were straight.

So there was no possible way that there could be a love triangle, especially since I didn't like Haiden but if I had I wouldn't have dated him the same time that he was sleeping with Kendall (that much was for sure) because I wouldn't want to share my boyfriend.

No one in their right mind would want to share their romantic partner.

I was torn from my thoughts when I heard the sound of the window being knocked on. I didn't look at the guy. Or at least I wasn't until I noted that it wasn't the original guy that had called my name.

It was Noah.

I furled my eyebrows as I unrolled my window and saw that Noah was shifting awkwardly outside of my car. His eyes flickered towards the teenagers that were walking throughout the parking lot before his gentle eyes landed on me. There was hope in them, and I knew that I shouldn't look at him too long or else I would dismantle the only hope that was in those eyes.

"Hi, Icarus, um can I talk to you?"

I almost wanted to tell him that I was late for a dentist appointment or something like that but I knew that he had probably cried his heart out in the boys' restroom and the least I could do was listen to him. So I nodded my head, "sure."

"C-can I get in the passenger seat? That way I don't have to feel t-their eyes on me?" Noah stuttered, his eyes turning in the direction of where Haiden and Kendall were.