chapter two

All Rights Reserved Copyrighted 2019

Chapter Two

My first few classes had the air conditioners blowing, despite it being October. The classrooms were decorated with Halloween decorations that looked like they came from PartyCity in order to make the rooms spookier.

I liked Halloween, though to be honest I didn't have a favorite holiday to begin with. I was tired of the orange and black construction paper that was strung across the rooms, because I obviously wasn't in elementary school so there was no point in making the rooms spookier.

I still felt phantom heats blare up in my skin but I never saw burns appear, I was certain that if anyone saw the burns suddenly appear they would call in an Exorcist in order for them to cast a demon out of me. I couldn't have a demon following me throughout the years, though, could I?

No, I knew that I wouldn't, that I couldn't. Yes, I could honestly say that sometimes Kendall and Haiden were kind of stupid when it came to things that they shouldn't do but then again...no. I didn't want to think about them using an Ouija board and I didn't want to think that I was being lured by a demon.

"Mr. Olsson, just because you are named after a Greek mythological tale and your father is a renowned professor in the field of Greek Mythology does not mean that you are allowed to dismiss my teachings."

I peered forward at my foreign language teacher, Mr. Moreo, who also held a deep hatred towards me. I might have known the myths that had to do with Greece but that didn't mean that I knew the language.

I thought that it might make sense that I would learn Greek in case Dad decided to take me and Mom to Greece one summer. He kept saying he would, but that was beside the point.

"Why do the field that my dad works in and my namesake have anything to do with learning Greek?" I dismissed my classmates that were next to me, they were always looking at me and Mr. Moreo with anticipation.

I had been sent to the principle's office sometimes but eventually Principle Miller just had me sit in the office for the rest of the period so that he wouldn't have to deal with me coming back five minutes after returning to class.

One of my classmates snickered, but again I dismissed them. Mr. Moreo's features became tighter due to the fact that he realized I had called him out on his stupidity. "I still want you to pay attention to my class, Mr. Olsson."

I didn't say anything, but Mr. Moreo knew that this was the best he would get from me.

The tall, somewhat scrawny man, who was about the age of my dad, turned his attention towards the board before him. He had a tope on, which was quite obvious, and most thought that the reason why he was actually bald was because of the fact that he hated teaching, which in return made him earn more stress.

Being a junior I was going through my second foreign language credit, and while some of my classmates wanted to continue to their third level of Greek just to look good for credit I was ready to say goodbye to Mr. Moreo and thankfully he knew that I wanted to say goodbye.

I knew that there was no point in writing down what my symptoms were from last night because I knew that I had looked far and wide on the internet to see if anyone was experiencing the same thing as me. Some did think it was demonic, while others thought that maybe I was just hallucinating.

As soon as the bell rang for us to transition to our next class I was the first one out of the classroom. I sighed in relief, and headed down the hallway, happy that I didn't own a locker. I couldn't stand the thought of having to rip off those stupid flyers taped on the metallic surface of the locker that were talking about Homecoming. It was supposed to be in two weeks, and I wasn't going, though if Chloe-Rae asked me to go only for us to hang out in the parking lot I would force myself to go.