1

Harry's POV
I awoke, as usual, to the screeches of Aunt Petunia telling me to make breakfast for her whale of a husband, pig of a son and herself.

Luckily, I wouldn't be staying there much longer. Later that day, I would be leaving for my school supplies. I was meeting Ron and Hermione there and staying in the Leaky Cauldron until school. My third year there!

My uncle gave me a list of chores and left with the words "Freak, get them done before I get home or you won't live long enough to go to that blasted school again."

This was his usual threat. I was lucky I was fast at it now because I know he would actually almost follow through.

When my uncle returned, the chores were done and I was waiting in the hallway with my trunk.

He grabbed my arm and shoved me roughly into the car. I was lucky Hedwig had gone to deliver a letter for me.

Once there, I got out of the car and walked towards the old bar.

"Um, can I get a room, please? Just until September 1st." I asked the bartender.

He nodded and said, "5 galleons."

I handed over the golden coins and was led to a room. It wasn't grand or anything but it was fine for just a month.

I was running low on money so I decided that once I put my stuff away, I would go to Gringotts.

About half an hour later, I was making my way down the crowded street towards a grand, white building.

As I entered the main hall, I made sure to pull my hat down over my scar. I didn't want to attract a lot of attention to myself. Especially on my birthday. That was supposed to be a quiet, uneventful day.

Turns out that I was wrong. That day was destined to be eventful for me.

Once inside, I heard shouting. "What do you mean I can't get into my vault?! The Potter family vault. Could you not just check again?" A male voice yelled.

"James, honey, calm down. You haven't been here in what, 12 years? Just calm down." A female voice tried to soothe. "You're scaring Violet, James." She motioned to the girl behind her who was looking on with wide eyes.

"Sorry, Lily flower. Sorry, Violet. It's just that I'm not very happy that I've been in America for 12 years and my vault is now apparently someone else's. I know I left that vault as mine. For the last two years, money has been taken out of the vault at least once each year." The man seethed.

I stepped forward. "Er, e-excuse me, sir. Why are you attempting to use my vault?"

"Your vault?! Young man, that vault is mine. It belongs to James Charlus Potter. Me. It's my personal vault. Who might you be?" James asked me.

"I'm Harry. Harry James Potter. Sir, this is my vault. I think I should ask you to leave and stop impersonating a thirteen-year-old's dead parents. Please don't try to get into my vault, pretending to be my parents. They died when I was one." I told them, void of emotion.

"Harry? You're alive?" The woman asked. "I'm Lily Potter. Your mother. We thought you died. That's what we were told 12 years ago. We didn't die, love. We've been in America. This is violet rose potter. Your sister. She's starting Hogwarts this year so we decided to move back. We've only just got here."

"I can't believe you right now. Not without proof. After everything that happened these past two years, I'm not falling for some dumb trick. I'm sorry." I told them, torn between whether to believe them or not. I wanted it to be true so desperately. "You can prove yourselves to be my parents or leave me alone. Your choice. Tell me something no one but my family would know."