[2/10] Aching.

Dabi was numb. His dull turquoise optics stared lifelessly ahead as he watched the city lights flash in the distance. It had been only two weeks since he last saw you, but every moment that passed felt like an eternity in itself. He wanted to see you, to hold you, to hear you tell him about your day. But he couldn't. Not unless he wanted to hurt you all over again. So despite every fibre of his being begging him to go to you, he stayed away. It was better this way; it kept you safe.

        Shigaraki had reprimanded him for his sudden appearance that night at your apartment, but they didn't know the reason for him being there. He absolutely refused to let them find out about you, even if you were only a memory now. Since then he'd been wasting his time away from the League, unwilling to join them for whatever expedition they were plotting against the heroes. He didn't care about his villain duties right now, recruiting new people or even Stain's legacy. He just wanted to drown himself in his thoughts of you.

        Of all his years enduring pain and isolation, he never thought that anything could be worse than knowing he would have to leave you behind eventually until it actually happened. It sucked. He'd even prefer going back to his broken family than have to see you get hurt again, not that he planned on doing so. No, he vowed to never revisit the dark days of his past. This very thought plagued his mind with each passing day.

        In the midst of his internal suffering, his ears twitched at the sound of someone approaching behind him. He'd escaped to the outskirts of the city and managed to stay away from the League for the last two weeks, but he knew that would eventually change. Nothing was forever after all. Toga skipped out of the bushes and stopped beside Dabi, who ignored her presence. He knew she was there to drag him back to the others, but he didn't want to go back. Not yet.

        Unfortunately for the raven haired male though, she wouldn't take no for an answer and pestered him to the point of no return. Tired of her constant nagging, he reluctantly went back to the hideout with her and prepared himself for the storm that was about to be bestowed unto him. When he walked through the familiar worn down doors, he remained near the exit and stared at the pale, blue haired male by the bar counter. This was his life now. It was filthy, dangerous and cold. And it definitely had no place for someone like you. He told himself this over and over again, but every time he closed his eyes, the only thing he could see wasn't darkness. It was your bright smile, meant only for him.