Chapter 12

I found myself standing by the wall beside the door to Chaeng's unit three weeks later. Jennie told me Chaeng's coming back today and I did not hesitate to come here as fast as I could.

I can't help it. I'm excited to see Chaeng. I missed her.

Our kiss has been constantly playing in my mind, too. God, it was one hell of a kiss. She had the softest lips and I wanted more.

Of course, I'm not going to jump her or anything. I'm just saying that it was probably the best kiss I ever had.

I felt my heart racing again.

Who's a lost cause? Definitely me.

After an hour, the woman I've been waiting for finally arrived.

Chaeng was wearing boots, black skinny jeans, white top, and a coat. Her auburn, curly hair cascaded freely on her shoulders. And I've never seen anyone more beautiful than her in simple clothing. No, I've simply never seen anyone more beautiful than her.

"Hi," my voice came out almost as a whisper.

Her presence was overwhelming. The beat of my heart echoing that of a drum. I found myself looking at hwr luscious lips that I wanted to taste again. My skin ached to touch hers but I stood still, waiting for her to say or do something. I can't show her how whipped I am for her.

"Hi. What are you doing here?" She asked in surprise.

"Jennie told me you're coming back so I came to see you," I answered shyly, rubbing the back of my neck.

"She didn't give you her key so you could wait for me inside?"

I don't know how she could remain calm when being near her makes me anything but. Maybe I just don't have the same effect on her. Yet. I'll work on that.

She opened the door to her unit and invited me to go inside. I followed, of course.

"If you think Jennie would make things easier for me, you obviously don't know her enough."

Chaeng chuckled at my remark and turned to me with an amused expression.

"How did you two meet and what happened? Jennie's quite savage but she's usually kind to people she's worked with. You seem to be exception."

I laughed thinking of my first mission with Jennie.

We went to the kitchen first and settled for coffee before I told her the story of how Jennie shot a man trying to shoot at me and how Jennie likes to say she saved me life. When in reality, my life wasn't in danger. I could have taken care of that man without a problem. So on that same mission, I threw a knife towards a man who was coming up behind Jennie. I claimed that I saved her life even though I also perfectly knew that Jennie would have had that man dead on the ground before he can even pull the trigger.

Our huge egos caused us to compete. We started competing on missions or on sparrings which almost always ended up with both of us injured.

The wide smile on Chaeng's face and the mirth on her eyes was worth every tale I want to tell her.

She took a sip on her cup before she addressed me again.

"The two of you are weird. If I didn't know any better, I'd say that's a lot of pent up sexual tension," she teased.

"We thought so, too!" I blurted out before chuckling. "We were wrong though."

The way she put the cup down slowly and stared at me with a frown on her forehead was interesting. It's not the usual angry frown but more of a dislike that suddenly came up.