N

In the lore of "Cardfight!! Vanguard", a planet similar to Earth is where the battle of the units of take place on. A fictional world that is not to distant from our own: Cray.

It's not a figment of the imagination, though. It is a real planet that exists parallel to Earth. The two worlds can affect one another, but is separated by a barrier that keeps the destiny of each planet from ever crossing each other.

But the Void, an irregular existence in this universe, wanted to break down the barrier between these two worlds, and cause them to merge into one another to cause destruction on both fronts.

It was known as the "Cray's Collapse".

This plan was subsequently foiled by a boy with a desire to protect those dear to him. However, the casualties and consequences of the Void's ambitions still linger.

Notably such, is the activation of a unit: Angelic Star Demon Series, Crystal Edge Dragon, that changed the course of both planet's destinies by itself.

After Crystal Edge Dragon's activation, the Zeroth Dragons were scattered around Earth, but their messianic counterpart, the Progenitor Dragons, were awakened on Cray.

Like the Zeroth Dragons, every nation possesses a Progenitor Dragon, and they brought peace to Cray alongside Harmonics Messiah:

Progenitor Dragon of Total Purity, Agnos — the guardian of United Sanctuary.

Progenitor Dragon of Lightning Flame, Gilgal — the fiercest of Dragon Empire.

Progenitor Dragon of Gloomy Dark, Formido — the nightmare of Dark Zone.

Progenitor Dragon of Horizon Limit, Origorem — the entity of Star Gate.

Progenitor Dragon of Deep Sea, Balanarena — the emperor of Maganicalla.

Progenitor Dragon of Regal Birth, Megaloma — the father of Zoo.

In addition to the reawakening of these guardian dragons, a surviving victim of the Void's plan - Akari Nakano - finds herself inside this mysterious parallel world she has only heard of in books. The stuff of legends.

However, the prison of souls that hangs above Cray, and floats in the deep stratosphere - Relics - has been set alight with rage. Broken and reduced to ashes, an abyss dragon with a claret sword strapped to his back swears revenge on those who sealed him.

Prior to his exile, the dragon was a leader of a rebellion party inside the Shadow Paladin clan, a clan that operated in the outskirts and refused the glory of being heroes. They did the dirty work that would stain the reputation of the holy knights of Royal Paladin, and even accepted criminals into their ranks.

They became the centre of attention during an event that historians call the "Great United Sanctuary War", where a supremacy dragon named after his sword - Claret Sword Dragon - rebelled against the Shadow Paladin's Grandmaster - Blaster Dark "Diablo" - for control over the clan, while working alongside the corrupted subsections of the clans Angel Feather, Genesis and Gold Paladin to rule United Sanctuary under a monarchy.

It was an all-out civil war that spanned months and involved clans outside of it's nations confines. However, once defeated by the Gear Chronicle's "Chronodragon Nextage", Claret Sword Dragon was quickly arrested and put on trial before the United Sanctuary judges: each of the clans official leaders.

The verdict— guilty on charges of war, forgery, murder, treason, terrorism, conspiracies, political corruption, and many other illegalities.

The punishment— exile to the highest order of prison.

He was subjected to live his live as a wandering soul in Relics. There, he became a tortured gatekeeper who lived in a continuous hell of murdering others that appeared in the prison. A constant struggle to fight and regain what he had lost, fuelled by blind wrath.

Growing stronger, and manipulating the searing flames of his heart, he found his opening to escape—