chapter 5- Good roomates and pancakes

kenzie's p.o.v

I woke up to my alarm beeping really loudly. It was 7 am.

I groaned, pulling myself out of bed. I rummaged through my closet and settled on a white tee with one direction written on it, with my denim shorts and a grey shrug incase it was chilly outside.

I opened my bedroom door to go to the bathroom and the smell of pancakes immediately hit my nose.
I looked up in surprise to see Annie stirring away at something on the pot in the kitchen.

She just have seen me in her peripheral vision cause she immediately turned around.
"Morning kenz." She said chirpily.

She's a morning person.
I'm the opposite.

"What are you doing?" I rubbed my eyes.

"Oh nothing. I woke up at 6 and started making pancakes. Do you want maple syrup on yours or Nutella?"
"Nutella please." I mumbled sleepily, going into the bathroom.

I had a bath, brushed and changed before putting on my black converse and getting out.

I sat down on one of the stools near the counter and Annie put my plate of pancakes down in front of me. She had put thick layers of Nutella between the 3 layers of pancakes and sliced up some strawberries on top.
I drooled, beginning to stuff my face.
Annie took her plate of pancakes and sat down opposite me.

"Annie, you're literally the best roomie ever." I moaned, chewing my delicious pancakes.
She laughed.
"Yeah I figured you'd be in a better mood after I fed you."

"You know I'm not a morning person." I rolled my eyes, causing another chuckle from her.

We chatted lightly for a few minutes before Annie gave up on any sort of response from me cause I was too focused on my pancakes.

I put my last bite into my mouth when her phone buzzed.
"let's go. Asher just send me a message." She said, wiping a tiny drizzle of maple syrup from her chin and getting up.

I stood up, tossing our plates in the sink before grabbing my phone and bag and heading straight out the door.

-

We entered the elevator and Annie pressed the Ground floor button.

"How nervous are you for today?" She turned to me.
I bit my lip,"I guess I am a bit nervous. But it's only college, I mean we survived high school."

Annie laughed,"thats true."

Suddenly the elevator stopped on the second floor and the door opened.

"Yeah that's exactly what Carson said." I heard an all too familiar chuckle.

My head snapped up immediately, my heart dropping when my eyes fell on him.

No no no.
No it couldn't be.
Not yet.
I'm not ready for this.
AHHHHHHH.

The boy's green eyes fell on me, his body freezing as if on impact.

"kenzie? annie?"

yeah i wrote this chapter on the plane and it kinda sucks but ☕️

~annie