One

---

Yachi Hitoka was checking her list for things that they were supposed to bring on their trip.

"Is everything set?" Shimizu Kiyoko asked as she took a peak at Yachi's list. The blonde turned to her and furiously nodded, flustered. Shimizu smiled at her and thanked her.

"I will go and tell them to load everything, I will also double-check the equipment." Kiyoko said and left her, Yachi heaved a sigh of relief.

Today, the volleyball boys club will be heading to Tokyo for another training camp, hosted by Nekoma. The thought of going back there made Yachi flush in embarrassment as she remembered the volleyball boys club's captain, Kuroo Tetsuro. The last time she was there, she developed a small crush for the boy, despite being teased by him whenever he got the chance, Yachi's other reason was because he saw Kuroo's soft side. A side that would rarely come up.The first time it happened when Yachi was filling up the water bottles and she saw Kuroo washing his face, she remembered the soft smile that he showed her and the sincere voice that offered her help with carrying.

Yachi shook out the thoughts and patted her cheek.

'I have to pull myself together' - she thought to herself.

But no matter how she denied it, the memory of Kuroo's smile made her heart flutter.

"Yachi-chan! We have to go now. " Hinata patted her shoulder, pulling her out of her thoughts, she let's out a shaky answer before following Hinata into the bus.

"Thank goodness that the school allowed us to use the bus" she heard Tanaka mumble as she took her usual seat next to Kiyoko.

"Hey Yachi-chan, are you alright? Your face is really red" Nishinoya, who was sitting on her far right, took notice of the girl and was a bit concerned. Yachi turned her attention to the boy and covered her cheeks.

"I-I am! It's just a bit hot, is all" Yachi could feel the embarrasent creep up her face but was glad that Nishinoya bought her excuse, "Well then, drink some water" Nishinoya adds. Kiyoko took a good glance at her, she had a small doubt about the excuse since the sky was cloudy and the breeze was not that hot, But Kiyoko decided not to push the issue.

" Seems like everyone is in attendance" Coach Ukai stood up front as he looked around. "Please behave yourselves while we are on this trip." He added before smiling at everyone and taking a seat.

And so, they began their journey.

***

Yachi was quietly sitting next to Kiyoko, who was sleeping, as they boys around them were busying themselves with their own conversations. Yachi was a bit nervous, to say, she worried on how she would be able to act around Kuroo without getting flustered, though the chances of them being together at the same time seems thin, she still worried about it. She was having a hard time getting Kuroo's smile out of her mind. Liking the older boy was a bit difficult for Yachi and she already accepted the fact that he could never like her. Yachi believed that Kuroo would be more into girls around his age or a bit older, girls who were pretty and fun to be with. Yachi was nothing near that, or so she likes to think.

Heaving a sigh, she leaned back in her seat, closing her eyes and tightly holding onto her checklist, a checklist with doodles on the edge, doodles of Kuroo.