𝟎 𝟎 | 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙡𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙚.

Začít od začátku

Iris walked closer to her mom, her tiny feet tapping against the cool wooden floor. She raised her arms and Nicole took her cue to pick up her daughter and place her in her lap.

"Is Daddy coming home soon he promised he'd protect me from the monsters tonight."

Nicole sighed pressing a soft kiss to her daughters forehead," Not tonight he had to work late at the office."

"But he promised!" The little girl pouted at her mother.

" I know he did," Nicole ruined her daughter's hand," but sometimes adults break promises to help out in times of need. Tonight your father broke his promise so he can get you that horse you want for your fifth birthday."

Iris laid her head against her mom chest. Relaxing deeper into the arms of her mother, the teddy bear hanging from the young girl's hand slightly grazing the floor.

"Oh. If I told Daddy I didn't want the horse anymore would he come home?"

"Of course, my rainbow but he can't come home he has to work."

The four year old furrowed her tiny eyebrows," Will he ever come home?"

" Yes, he will! He's never going to leave us completely."

" Will you ever leave?"

" Only to get things we need. Just like your daddy, I'll never leave entirely."

" Promise?"

"Promise."

Purple decorations were being hung. It was an usual shade of purples that Iris had deemed entirely to old looking for her. Iris also despised the frills that some of the decorations had. Her father, regardless of what Iris believed, thought they were amazing. Iris glared at the frilly purple decorations once again.

" Dad it's my 7th birthday today not my fiftieth."

Robert snorted," How would you know what fiftieth birthday looked like?"

" The cashier at the food market had one. Her name is Mrs. Bailey. She showed me and mom all the pictures while we were checking out and it look just like this but in a nasty shade of orange."

"I thought you like green, my little demon."

" I do but when it's not the shade of barf you see on television." Iris groaned loudly a different thought popping into her head," Dad, do I have to do lessons again today?"

" Yes, Iris, It is a Monday."

Iris huffed with crossed arms," But it's my birthday."

" I know, I tried to talk you're mom out of it but she's right we don't want you to get behind."

Just then Nicole walked in her hair blowing with every step and carrying a large box," If you finish your work early today. I'll let you open a present before dinner."

"Thank you, mom."

Nicole whispered to her husband after giving him a brief kiss," Have fun at work don't do anything I wouldn't."