Chapter Four: Heads Up

Start from the beginning

Everyone latched onto one another and I fixed my gaze on where we were going. I felt the familiar rush of moving from one spot to another, and I opened my eyes and we were where I wanted us to be. 

"Is everyone okay?" I asked, although I had moved several people at once, it had never been this many. 

I heard a chorus of yes' and knew I had done it. 

I looked around and saw that this place truly looked like a garden. There were fields upon fields of different plants. 

"The bastard really did retire," I said, feeling even more angry than I had been. "He thinks he can wipe out half the world's population and fuck off to some farm and relax for the rest of  his life?" 

"We'll get him, don't worry," Steve said, his eyes full of determination. 

Everyone started heading towards the small shack in the distance. Carol said she had spotted it while doing her recon and it was the only livable structure for miles. It had to be where he was. Everyone knew their position and we were ready to roll. 

Carol blasted a hole in the roof of the shack, careening herself right for him. She grabbed him in a headlock, showing no mercy. 

Then, Bruce in the Hulkbuster came from below and grabbed the hand with the gauntlet, squeezing it tight so Thanos had no time to make another snap. 

I teleported in, using my energy blast to slam his back into the wall. War Machine was right behind me, grabbing onto his other arm. His arms were outstretched, he groaned as we all held him there, powerless. 

Thor came flying in, his axe swinging down on the arm wielding the gauntlet. It made a loud thud as it hit the floor. 

I stood in front of him, hands glowing as everyone else held their position. Steve, Natasha, and Rocket came walking in together, Rocket going ove towards the fallen gauntlet. 

"Oh no," I heard him mutter.

"What do you mean oh no?" I said, my head whipping around to see the gauntlet lying there, knuckles empty of power. 

"Where are they?" Steve asked, much calmer than I would have. 

"What the hell did you do with them?" I half yelled, not containing myself. 

"Answer the questions," Carol threatened, tightening her grip on his neck. I let my hands grow brighter, burning the edge of his chest. I watched as he winced at both warning. 

"The universe required correction, after that the stones served no purpose beyond temptation," Thanos answered, as if it was the most simple explanation. I felt as if the breathe was knocked out of me.

I looked into his mind, for a split second, and there was nothing but peace. He destroyed the stones and whatever hope we had with them. 

"You murdered billions!" Bruce yelled, slamming his body into Thanos. 

"You should be grateful!" Thanos responded. 

"Where are the stones?" Natasha asked, before I could tell her Thanos offered the answer we had all feared. 

"Gone. Reduced to atoms." 

"You used them two days ago!" Bruce remarked, still not believing him.

"He used them to destroy them," I replied, nodding at Steve to confirm what he was saying. "It was all right at the front of his mind." 

"Clever girl. I have nothing to hide. I did it for humanity. You should be thanking me. It nearly killed me, but the work is done. It always will be. I am inevitable." 

"We have to tear this place apart," Rhodey said. "He has to be lying. He could be thinking whatever he wants, knowing she can read minds. He has to be lying." 

I shook my head, I knew what I saw.

"My father is many things," Nebula started. "But a liar is not one of them."

"Ah thank you daughter. Perhaps I treated you too harshly-" 

Thanos' final words were cut off, his head along with them. I turned, shocked, looking at Thor. Our eyes met for a split second, I could see almost confusion in his, as if he wasn't sure of what he just did. But, I knew if he hadn't, one of his would. I would, as if the old agent in my was shaking to get out. To take care of business. I nodded at him, almost as a thank you. 

"What did you do?" Rocket asked, his words coming out slow. 

"I went for the head..." 

I turned, looking at Steve, his own shock was visible. 

"Where do we go from here?" 

~A/N Hey everyone thank you so much for the patience and support for this story! You all are so great!

QOTC: Did anyone see Far From Home? 

Please leave a vote or comment on what you thought of the chapter! I love seeing everyone's answers. It truly brightens my day! ~