Chapter 10

Author's Note: thanks for all the votes and wonderful comments. It really kept me going on this. So, we've come to the final chapter, hope you enjoy it. : )

Chapter 10

"But I don't remember anything," I said loudly, waving my hand about. "Don't you think it's high time we do something about it?"

Phun sighed and gave in to me. "What do you want us to do? The last time we tried to force it, it didn't exactly work."

We were in my room and sitting on the bed which was the only other place to seat besides the floor. My room was a typical student room with the bare necessities: a bed, some vanity things and a flat screen TV and game set.

I pouted at Phun and looked away while I thought.

"Just give it time Noh."

I have already given enough time; it's 'time' to actually do more. I don't like this feeling. Whenever there was something I was supposed to know about without being told, I don't know. I feel like an impersonator. I feel like I am pretending to be Phun's boyfriend, Noh.

Phun really loves Noh—I mean me. He comes to visit me every day, buys things for me even when I don't ask, knows all I want and always makes me happy. He knows me inside out and I love it, but I can't do the same with him. Normally, people who are in a relationship take their time to know each other, but while I was still at the take-our-time stage, Phun has already gone three years ahead. I can't keep feeling like this anymore.

"I want to try now, Phun. It's already been two months since we got out of the hospital. If we don't try now then I might never get my memory back."

Phun opened his mouth but he stopped himself from saying what he wanted to say. "Okay, fine." He dropped his hands in obvious defeat. "How do you want to do it?"

Phun has told me nearly everything about what happened between us in all these three years. While it was a good story, it never triggered any memory. I love the things that Phun tells me about us, I want to experience them too, but I can't unless I remember.

"Let's try going to the places in our memories," I said, livened up by the prospect of doing something productive towards this problem.

Phun didn't look quite lively, "didn't we already try that when we went to Hua Hin?"

I glared at him, what was he contradicting me for? "There are many other places, and maybe Hua Hin didn't have as much as emotional impact as we would find elsewhere."

"Like where?"

If he doesn't like my idea he could just say so. I answered with difficulty, "I don't know, maybe our old school? We spent nearly all our time there."

He heaved this heavy sigh that irritated me so much, I felt like a pissed cat. "Noh," he left it at that, probably when he saw that I was lifting a fist to hit him.

We stared at each other. "Let's just do it okay," I said

"Yeah, if it is important to you."

So what, it isn't important to him? I decided not to bitch about that and just roll with it. Phun must be feeling a little stressed out with me. I do give him a lot of trouble.

When we got to my old high school I couldn't recognize it. It looked so old and worn down that I almost wanted to ask if it was the right place. I remembered the basket ball court and how it used to be so crowded during the breaks.

I was smiling as we walked around. School was on vacation so Phun and I were the only ones moving. I often chuckled as I remembered some past antics me and my friends used to get up to around here.