Chapter 31 - Surprise!

Start from the beginning

With that, they walk off down the hall, all laughing at joking again. I quickly gather up my stuff and put it in the Paramore dressing room, before I head up to the amphitheatre. I stood at the side of the stage and hid behind a curtain, so that Hayley couldn’t see me if she looked this way.

Soon it was time for The Only Exception, and as Taylor was doing the introduction, he done an extended version, and I see Hayley look over at him confused at what he was doing, both Jeremy and Taylor are just looking at her grinning. I can tell that she is totally confused, and that’s when I walk out, with the golden microphone in my hand. She doesn’t notice me at first as she is looking at Jeremy and I come on from Taylor’s side. But the moment Taylor goes into the song, I start singing and her head snaps around to look at me, her hand flies over her mouth as she begins to cry. I look at her smiling and singing.

“When I was younger I saw my daddy cry
And curse at the wind.
He broke his own heart and I watched
As he tried to reassemble it.

And my momma swore
That she would never let herself forget.
And that was the day that I promised
I'd never sing of love if it does not exist.

But darling,
You are the only exception.
You are the only exception.”

Hayley is now in my arms, clutching onto her orange microphone with her right hand, whilst her left arm is firmly snaked around my middle. She looks up at me and I send her a wink, she looks down chuckling to herself. We sing the rest of the song together.

“Maybe I know somewhere deep in my soul
That love never lasts.
And we've got to find other ways to make it alone.
Or keep a straight face.

And I've always lived like this
Keeping a comfortable distance.
And up until now I have sworn to myself
That I'm content with loneliness.

Because none of it was ever worth the risk.

Well you are the only exception.
You are the only exception.

I've got a tight grip on reality,
But I can't let go of what's in front of me here.
I know you're leaving in the morning when you wake up.
Leave me with some kind of proof it's not a dream.
Oh-oh-oh-ohhh.

You are the only exception.

And I'm on my way to believing.
Oh, and I'm on my way to believing. “

I look down at Hayley, to see her looking up at me smiling softly. I lean into her and kiss her softly. We get interrupted by no not Taylor or Jeremy. We actually get interrupted by the fans who are queuing up outside the amphitheatre. They are chanting something…

“GEOLEY! GEOLEY! GEOLEY!” I laugh at them and Hayley and I talk into the microphone.

“Hey guys! How are you all doing?” All we get in response are thousands of cheers and screams.

I walk to the side of the stage and sit on one of the boxes, whilst they finish their sound check. Once they have finished, we walk back to the dressing room and they have a couple of hours until they have to start getting ready, so Hayley and I take full advantage and go out for a walk to the nearest Starbucks, of course we get stopped along the way by fans who just want a few innocent photos with Hayley. Some of them even want photos with the both of us. I enjoy every moment, because they don’t see me as Hayley’s girlfriend, they actually see us as Geoley, a two piece person. When we get to Starbucks we order our coffee and sit down in a booth. It reminds me of the first time we went out together.

“Gee? Where we you today? How did you get from the airport to the venue so quickly?”

“I actually got to the venue around 30 minutes before you guys went to sound check.” I explain myself laughing, one of my hands in hers our fingers intertwined and the other around my Raspberry & Blackcurrant Frappuccino.

“Oh…” Her eyebrows furrowing.

“I came early to surprise you… It seemed like I did too.”

“You certainly did. But where were you?” Smiling her wide toothy smile at me. Sending butterflies all around my body

“I was in the room next to you! I could hear your conversation and everything. You thought you could smell me in the hallway!” I reveal to her. Her eyes go wide with shock!

“Wait? You were actually there? I could actually smell you?”

“Yeah, baby, you could probably smell me!” I chuckle at her outrage as I take her hand up to place my lips on the back of it.

“Jeremy made me think that I was going crazy! That guy is so going to get it when we get back!”

“Okay Hayles, let’s go!” I say getting up, and putting our cups in the bin before going back to Hayley and taking her hand in mine and leaving out of the door. As we walk back, we talk about England, and I tell her that she should come over and see everybody again, they are all eager to see her again. My friend’s love her. Not to mention Ellie, she adores her, they are like best friends. We also talk about Hayley being ill and the Monumentour.

Once we get back, Hayley gets ready to rock it out there in Arizona. After 1 hour, she is all ready, and just in time as she needs to be on stage in 15 minutes. They go backstage and do their pre-stage rituals and then they are ready to go and rock it. She comes over and I give her a quick kiss before she’s off, showing all of Arizona how to do it! I am beyond proud of her.