Broken Down but Still Alive

Start from the beginning

Tomura glanced over to the monster, who was still chewing. "What did I say about feeding the Nomu." Y/n apologized. "Save it," he sighed; "you're going to do it again regardless."

Y/n tried to measure up Tomura's mood. It's challenging to judge Tomura's temperament as soon as he wakes up. Surprisingly, Tomura often woke up in a somewhat neutral mood as long as no one disrupted his sleep.

Tomura sat down on the mattress next to y/n, he was silent for a moment. Y/n could see him scan the Nomu. "Did you," he paused and sighed. Y/n could hear the disappointment in his sigh. "Why is the Nomu wearing all that?"

"I thought it would make him look more friendly," y/n replied. Tomura asked why she wanted to do that. "I dunno. I guess it's for me more than anything."

"That's counterproductive," Tomura replied. Y/n smiled at him and agreed that he was probably right.

Tomura reminded himself of what he was thinking about before he fell asleep. He needed to change his strategy. He had two approaches in mind, Tomura decided that he could combine the two and see what happens. "Twice reported back to me while you were sleeping," Tomura lied. Y/n looked up at Tomura. "You did a good job."

The villain observed y/n's face, he noticed y/n's eyes light up as she heard his compliment. She smiled at Tomura. "Thank you."

Y/n's smile made Tomura feel nauseous. It slightly ruined his mood. Tomura looked away and tried to ease his temper. "I have a job for you tomorrow night." Y/n asked what it was. "Twice told me that you had managed to convince a few people to join The League. I'm proud of your improvement so far." Tomura placed a pair of fingers on y/n's head and ruffled her hair.

Tomura watched the smile fade from her face. His stomach knotted up differently. "Where are the new recruits?" y/n asked.

Tomura sighed. He didn't think she was ready for that answer. However, Tomura knew that he couldn't hide it from y/n forever. Today was as good a day as any to answer her question. He stood up and walked to the backroom door. Tomura banged on the door. "Kurogiri!" he called out.

Almost immediately, Kurogiri transported himself out of his room and manifested in the center of the room. Tomura watched y/n get up and step forward. "Let's take y/n back to the Nomu." Tomura could see Kurogiri give him a look as if to ask if he was sure. Tomura gave him a nod.

Kurogiri took Tomura and y/n back to the Nomu factory. She glanced around the factory. It was still just as hard to see as before. As far as y/n could tell, it seemed like nothing had changed since the last time she was there. Tomura began walking forward while y/n was distracted. She hurried off to catch up to the villain.

She walked close to Tomura as she scanned the still empty capsules. "Y/n," Tomura called out. Y/n stopped staring at the gigantic tubes and looked up to him. Tomura stopped walking, nearly causing y/n to bump into him accidentally. He turned around to face y/n.

His cold hands lightly held onto her jawline and tilted her head up towards him. She could just barely see Tomura's eyes being lit up by the blue lights emitting from the capsules. "Would you say you're loyal to me and my cause?"

Y/n knew what her answer would be, and she didn't want to answer him. She knew Tomura won't like what she had to say about that. Y/n felt like she was trapped in a corner. Tomura was the first and only person to catch her thinking of a lie. Knowing that her quirk was her only defense against Tomura while also knowing that she couldn't use it on him made her feel helpless. It didn't help y/n's nerves as she felt several of Tomura's fingers lightly rub against her neck.

"I can't say that I am," y/n finally admitted. She couldn't get around the fact that she had to tell the truth. Y/n studied Tomura's eyes.

His eyes were like a window to his emotions. Whenever he felt angry or upset, his eyes always reflected that. His eyes would look intense. They often appeared sharp and biting. However, whenever he was in a good mood, his eyes would often show that as well. They'd lose that intensity, he'd look much more gentle. They'd give off an air of contentedness.