Chapter 52: Deadlock

Start from the beginning

Suddenly, the sound of knuckles cracking echoed through the guild hall. Everyone look to the source. There stood Stella with a stern look on here face.

I then saw that here hair was turning black. Her forearms were turning the color of coal as I felt her anger growing. Her eyes turned red, at this point I could feel her magic energy from here.

Suddenly, lyric grabbed me and Amber, flipped a table onto it's side, and his behind it.

(Y/n): what's going on?!

Lyric: Mz. Hyde is here. EVERYONE TAKE COVER!

Everyone in the guild did as he commanded.

I peeked from behind the table and saw Stella standing in the middle of the room.

(A/n) I recommend playing Mz. Hyde by Halestorm for this)

Stella: you may talk big, but in my eyes you're nothing but a fly for me to swat.

Ace: is that so? Allow me to put you in your place, little fairy.

He was about to raise his hand again, when suddenly a hand grabbed him by the throat. I looked on in shock as I saw Stella's arm extended in length and she grabbed his neck.

She threw him across the room and slammed him into the wall. As he hit the ground, she grabbed him by the ankle and swung him into a pillar, back first.

Lyric: your mother's able to stretch her arms to incredible lengths and change the shape of her hands.

I was amazed not only by her magic, but that there were still parts of it I haven't seen yet.

Stella threw Ace up into the air. I then watched as her right hand turned into the head of a warhammer. She hit Ace in the side, sending him into another wall. Her arm and hand returned to normal and her hair changed back to it's normal color.

Stella: hurt my family again and you'll regret it.

She began walking over to us. Suddenly, Ace ran began running over to Stella with killing intent.

Ace: I'M NOT DONE WITH YOU!

When Stella's guard was down, he attempted to strike. I quickly grabbed my sword and ran over to him. I plunged it through his chest before he had a chance to attack my mother.

He coughed up blood and looked up at me. He managed a smile.

Ace: you...may have killed me...but the other members of my guild won't be so easy. Our master
...will have...his...revenge.

I took my sword out of his chest and he fell to the ground. Blood dripped from my blade.

Makarov: search him for a guild emblem, I want to know what guild he's affiliated with.

Amber knelt down in front of his body and began her search for his guild mark. She found it when she lifted up his shirt. On his lower back was his guild mark.

Stella looked to Lyric when she saw it

Stella looked to Lyric when she saw it. The expression on his face was one of pure horror.

Stella: he's from Deadlock.

My head perked up as I heard that name. Deadlock. A name that sounded so familiar to me.

Lyric's breathing became heavy as he started backing away in fear. I looked at him confused.

(Y/n): Lyric, what's wro-

I was cut off when I felt my body go limp and everything go black.

I opened my eyes and saw the cloud cover sky above me. I sat up and saw that I was in a forest. However, all the trees were grey and withering away.

???: Hello, (y/n).

I turned and saw a man donned in a cloak. He remove to hood and showed me his face. His hair was blonde and greying. His eyes were a deep shade of jade. He had tattoos littering his arms and a devilish smile on his face.

(Y/n): who are you?

???: Hm, a simple question to ask, but a hard one to answer. Who am I. Am I a man, am I a monster, or could I be just a figment of your imagination? If we keep asking questions were going to be here all day. My name is Eldra, I guess you could say I'm the master of Deadlock.

(Y/n): so it was you who sent that guy to attack our guild.

Eldra: Ace was expendable. I wouldn't waste 1 of my strongest members on you little fairies.

(Y/n): wether he was weak or not, he was still a member of your guild. How could you just set him up to fail like that?

Eldra: I didn't send him to kill any of you. He did that on his own terms. Now it's time I ask you a question. The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown. So allow me to ask you...what are you afraid of?

(Y/n): I'm afraid you won't shut up in the next 15 seconds.

He chuckled at my answer.

Eldra: you really are your father's son. However, that's not the answer I was looking for.

(Y/n): how about you just get to the point and tell me what you want.

Eldra: of course you'd have your father's impatience. As you may know, Deadlock is a part of the Balam Alliance. Not only that but we're also one of the most mysterious guilds. We've been laying low until the time to strike was perfect. I have spent years turning my guild into an army. If the magic council knew where we were, they'd have already delt with us by now. If you think you fairies stand a chance against us, you're wrong. Hell, you'd have a better chance of finding us.

(Y/n): what does this have to do with Lyric?

Eldra: why don't you ask him yourself? I'm sure he remembers what he did. Simply ask him who I am and he'll tell you the truth. Now...bye bye.

He clicked his finger and everything turned white.

I woke up with a gasp.

Stella: he's awake!

I was in the treehouse surrounded by my friends and family. The first thing I did was look at Lyric.

(Y/n): hey, dad?

Lyric: yeah?

(Y/n): who's Eldra.

He flinched when he heard his name. He place his hand on his forehead.

Lyric: so it was him.

(Y/n): well?

Lyric: *sigh* he was an old friend of mine. Back in my younger days I hung around a lot of bad people, he just happened to be one of them. I not only saw him as a friend, but as a brother too. But when I decide to go off on my own...he didn't take it took well.

(Y/n): well, why is Deadlock after you? Why does he hate you? Just what did do piss them off to the point where they'd wanna kill you?

Lyric: they all hate me...cause I used to be a member of Deadlock.