Chapter 2: Proposal

Chapter 2: Proposal

"MARRY ME."

Rissa froze for a second and then giggled lightly.

"Master, have you been hacked?" she asked jokingly.

"Have you not seen the latest news about a competition in the game posted in the official website?" he asked her. "A competition for husbands and wives."

"Competition?" Rissa wondered.

She opened the game's site and found a new game competition. She frowned at what it is. Seriously? A PvP Matches for married couples?

*** PvP Couples Tournament

*** PvP Competition for Couples is here! Test yourself, and your spouse at a chance to prove the strength of your love by going against your fellow married players. Elimination for each server will start in a month, and every server's winners will represent them against other servers in the first ever cross server contest of A Lost Ghost World. Do you and your partner have what it takes to become the number one couple?

***Price: 10 B Game Coins, 10 B EXP, Phoenix Armour Set for Husband & Wife

Rissa's eyes widened at the price of the competition.

"Did you mean the PvP Couples Tournament?" she asked KyleEmbers.

"Yes," he replied shortly.

"You came to find me because of it?" she asked him again. "Why me, though?"

"You're the only female player among the Top 10 PvP Rank List of Blazing S-City," he answered.

Rissa thought about the offer in front of her. She just got divorced; does she want to get married again? Her marriage with ClearWater was for quest purposes, now it's for a tournament. Can she really consider it? But then again, if it wasn't for the fact that she needed a husband to complete quest back then, she would not have formed that kind of alliance with ClearWater. It is just a game after all, it's not like she's getting tied in real life. And this time, the Great Master KyleEmbers is the one who is offering her marriage. He is recently ranked one in the whole ALGW. Rissa is sure that with him as an ally, they are already half-way to the top. Not to mention, the price of the tournament was too appealing for her. Rissa's character is a Female Swordsman in Red Clothes; of course, she would like to get a hold on the Legendary Phoenix Armour Set. It's an armour set of Level 9 equipments made from the fire of a legendary beast in the game: something obviously better than her whole Garnet set which are only Level 7.

"Let's do it then," she finally agreed. "Let's go to the Temple of the Winged Goddess together."

"Hold up," KyleEmbers stopped her. "I need to prepare for it."

"Prepare for what?" Rissa asked in confusion.

"The wedding, of course," he answered. "See you in three days at 8 pm."

"You actually don't have to," Rissa said. "All we need is a public witness. Since we're only getting married for the tournament, why make the wedding big?"

"I'm KyleEmbers, the number one player in the whole A Lost Ghost World," he responded with a smirk. "I can't have a casual wedding."

With that, he left her in the bottom of the bridge. Rissa then realized her future husband must be a narcissist, but for some reason she herself doesn't understand, she likes it.

*

A small smile escaped the man's lips as he logged out from the game. Step one, check. He might need to work hard for this one. As he starts planning it on his mind, one of his roommates suddenly entered their room.