What would Dawn do- Pearl/Geekchic

Thanks so much to @pikychan for letting me use their edit for the top pic :)

~~~~~~~~~

Ash Ketchum sat alone in the snowy woods of Snowbelle city. His hat pulled over his eyes as he stared sadly at the ground. He was dwelling on his recent, and seemingly unbreakable bad luck streak. Suddenly, he heard footsteps crushing against the snow before him.

"Ash!" He looked up to see Serena standing there, breathing heavy.

Ash was silent a for moment, just staring at her. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have just left you like that." He looked away, pulling his hat over his eyes again.

"Ash, if something is bothering you, you can talk to me." Serena assured, walking closer to him. "I'll listen, anytime you want. Seriously, anytime, anywhere." Ash remained silent, not daring to moving a muscle. Serena continued, in hopes to make him feel better, "I know how you feel, I've been there. Remember when I really goofed at the show-"

"You don't have a clue how I feel!" Ash boomed as he jumped to his feet, startling her. Silence filled the atmosphere, as anger and shock radiated off the two of them.

"Then tell me about it!" Serena yelled, becoming frustrated.

"It's none of your business! Leave me alone!" Ash shouted, turning away from her.

Then, Ash felt a sudden coldness hit the back of his head. He touched the cold spot on his hair as he turned to see Serena was fuming.

"The Ash I know is full of energy, he's a leader, always tries his best, he's always positive, and he never gives up." Her eyes hidden by a shadow. As she continued, she met his gaze once again. "He hangs in there until the very end. You're not acting like the Ash I know!" She threw two more snowballs at him. The second one knocking him over the log, causing him to crash into the snow. "Stop! Give me back the real Ash! Because you sure aren't him!" Serena runs away, crying.

Ash stared up at the sky, not bothering to move. "The real Ash...woah." He muttered. "When was the last time I was down like this? What brought me back from it?"

He thought about it, and it only a second before something came to mind. A bad loss, one of his worst. His six on six full battle he lost against Paul. It really did a number on him and while his Pokémon were the ones who made him feel better first, there was still something more. Something that really brightened his mood, and really touched his heart.

"Ash?" A familiar voice sounded, bringing him back from his thoughts.

He sat up, stunned. To his surprise, Dawn was standing there, in her winter clothing. She looked at him, concerned.

"Dawn? What are you doing here?" Ash asked.

"I came here to check on you. I heard about your losses and I'm really sorry." Dawn held out her hand to help him up, with a reassuring smile on her face. Ash took her hand and was pulled to his feet. "So, why is the Ash Ketchum I know, having so much trouble?"

"I...I don't know...I'm just...failing. I'm making stupid mistakes." Ash replied.

"We have all been there, Ash. It's frustrating and makes you feel like nothing can go right." Dawn remarked.

"Yeah." Ash muttered.

"But, Ash, you are one of the best people in the world. You're kind, you are so strong, you are friendly, and most of all, you have faith in your Pokémon like no other. Don't let a streak of bad luck ruin that, because you are so much more." Dawn raised her hand, for their signature high five. "What do ya say, Ash?"