Chapter 19 Black Phase Week Ten

I climbed to my feet and moved into the barracks. We had the day to sleep and clean our gear. I decided to clean my gear and do my laundry first as most everyone else was opting to sleep first. In a few hours I was done cleaning my gear. I secured my now clean rifle to the frame of the bunk and pulled myself up into my bed. I don't remember my head hitting the pillow.

Schmidt woke me later that afternoon for chow. I groggily followed Schmidt outside and into formation. I ate quickly in hopes of returning to my bunk faster, but I hadn't thought about the fact that I had to wait for everyone else to be done eating. We marched back to the barracks where we were informed that we would have a full day of training ahead of us tomorrow. We would have out final PT test in the morning followed by conducting our EOCT. The EOCT consisted of 212 different tasks or drills that we had to complete to show what we had learned. And that we were efficient in those activities.

I slept the rest of the afternoon and through the whole night. It appeared almost everyone else had done the same thing. Chavez came in to wake us with the usual commotion. We stumbled about and formed up for our PT test. Aside from being half asleep the PT test was a breeze for me. I passed all three stations with ease.

The EOCT consisted of a makeshift obstacle course. We had to run from station to station. Each station consisted of varies tasks we had to do. If we passed the Drill Sergeant would initial our test slip. If we did not pass, they did not sign off on the slip. I had a few stations that were challenging for me such as the grenade station. I wasnt very good at hitting my target. It took me three tries to get the grenade within the blast zone of the target. In the end, I was cleared for all 212 tasks.

Back at the barracks, we formed up once again. We were informed we had a pass until 1700 hours on Sunday. I grabbed for my phone immediately, desperate to talk to Amber. I had a few missed texts from her asking I was getting a pass.

"Yes, I'm on pass now until 1700 tomorrow." I punched int my phone.

"Can you go off post?"

"Yes. Why?"

"Lets get a hotel room. I'll pay for you and Schmidt."

I found Schmidt on her bunk and ran the idea past her. She was game for getting off post and hanging out with Amber and her battle buddy.

We met up at a small hotel not far from post. Amber had already gotten our rooms. Luckily, she got us joining rooms. For the first time in nearly three months, I could actually touch and hold Amber. Schmidt and Amber's battle buddy, Hill hung out in one room and hit it off. I found out that Hill was also gay and was totally cool with Amber seeing me. We spent almost the whole time laying on the bed, cuddled up in each others arms. There was no other place in the world I would have rather been. Amber made the decision to kiss me, and I didnt want to stop. I trusted Schmidt and doubted that she would report me. I occasionally heard Schmidt flirting with Hill in the room next door, as we had the door open between the two rooms.

Night fell fast. We stayed up most of the night talking and making out. When the sun peeked into the room we decided to get a little shut eye. We set an alarm on our phones for a few hours later.

Our time soon ended and we had to check out of the hotel room. Before we left, Amber and I held each other tightly by the door, and kissed one final time before walking into the hall and heading back for base. On the elevator to the lobby, Amber leaned into me.

"Dont ever forget, I love you more than anything in this world."

I smiled and nodded as the doors opened to the lobby. We got back to the barracks with time to kill. Schmidt was all smiles and giggles.