freddie mercury

unedited. i don't know how i feel about this one, but i tried to keep it gender neutral because you know 🦟🦗🦟🦗🦟🦗

i watched from the sidelines as queen played their hearts out to the fans in front of them. my heart swooned, watching freddie so eagerly sing into the microphone. dominique stood next to me, watching roger intently. i was surprised that she had come, since usually she never does. hell, even i don't most of the time. but seeing all the boys together on stage, so happy and giggling like a bunch of 12-year old girls, it made us happy too.

after the concert, dominique and i waited back, watching as the boys made their way over to us, stopping briefly to talk to reporters, the cameras getting pushed in their faces.

i sighed, and dominique nudged me with her arm. i turned to her, "what was that for?"

she shrugged, "you love him?" she was talking about freddie, i knew that much.

i nodded, rubbing my elbows with my hands as the cold breeze kicked in, "of course i do."

"has he said it yet? have you?" she asked, and i smiled.

"indirectly, yeah sure. but no. neither of us have the guts." i said, nodding to myself.

dominique nodded, then proceeded to hug roger, the boys only meters away from us now. i looked at freddie, who was just sweating everywhere. i smiled, pulling him in for a hug.

"you did so great, baby." i hugged him tighter, his hands on my back.

"thank you, darling." he pulled away, "i hope the fans liked it, yes?" brian laughed, while john just shook his head, a small smile on his lips.

"well, you guys did great. all of you, honestly." dominique said, roger slapping his hand around her waist and pulling her close.

i nodded, "yeah, it was amazing, watching you guys."

roger laughed, "you guys got a free ticket so be happy."

back at home, after 4 more days of traveling, i curled up next to freddie, who smiled down at me as he read his book.

"where's romeo?" i asked, glancing up at his book.

he shrugged, "i'm not too sure. have we fed them?"

i nodded, "i did as soon as we got home. kashmira called and said she had done it while we were gone."

"i figured as much." freddie said, mostly to himself.

i bit my lip, wondering if i should do what i was about to do. i got up, taking the book from freddie's hands and placing it on the bed. i grabbed his hands and held them, tightly, and the look on his face was priceless, to say the least.

"what- i was reading that, dear." he stumbled over his words, confused as to what i was doing.

"i love you." i blurted out, almost stopping myself as i said it, "i love you, fred. i know i've never said it before, and neither have you, but it's been almost a year. i thought i might as well say it now."

freddie's eyes were wide, and that worried me, until he grinned, "really? you love me?"

my eyebrows pinned together, "of course."

freddie smiled, "i love you too."