Part 14

An hour later I am on my way to Chris’ house. I am not gonna give up. If Sam acts like a bitch, okay, I can play that game as well. I love Chris. I will fight for this, I will let him tell me everything – and if he´s honest, I won´t let him go again. I knock on his door, my heart is racing, because I don´t know how he will react when he sees me again.

After what seems to be an eternity, some guy opens the door. “Yes? Can I help you?” he asks me. “I wanna talk to Chris… is he at home?” I ask him. “Well, who are you?” he says and looks at me from head to toe. “I am Judy. I am his girlfriend. So, is he home?” I ask again. “Hold on a second.” he tells me and closes the door. Damn, what idiot is that? I am getting nervous. What if he doesn´t want to see me? What if I already lost him? Another eternity passes by, and then I hear some voices. The door opens and that guy steps out, Chris staying inside. “Okay man, see you tomorrow, and thank you!” he tells the guy, who is nodding at him and leaves.

Chris looks at me. He looks sad and tired and that hurts me inside. “Hey…” I finally break the silence. “Would you let me in?” I ask him. Chris nods and steps aside. I get in and he closes the door behind me. We are staring at each other… “Chris, I am…Sam told me you spent the night with her in New York. I was… I was so hurt… please tell me the truth – look into my eyes and tell me what happened!” I start. He has a serious look on his face. God, I´m afraid he won´t listen to me. Did I already lose him?

“What? I didn´t sleep with her, Judy. It was one kiss that was a huge mistake, and I would give anything to make it undone. But I can´t.” he says, his hands in his pockets. I have never seen him like this before. I wanna take him in my arms, caress him, kiss him. I really love that man… “I don´t care what happened Chris… as long as you and me, we can be together from now on… without all that drama…because I love you…” I finally whisper. Chris looks at me. Should I take him in my arms? Should I say anything? He comes up to me and puts his arms around me, his forehead resting on mine. “It´s the truth. It was just a kiss. Judy – don´t you ever leave me like this again. This has been the worst week of my life. I didn´t mean to hurt you. I love you. And that kiss was just a huge mistake that won´t happen again. Never ever.”

He looks at me. “She´s gone, okay, out of my house, out of my life. Believe me. I let you in, and I want you to stay.” Chris softly caresses my cheek. I believe him. And I wanna be with him. I will be strong, I can be strong enough to go through everything with him on my side. “I wanna stay with you… more than anything else” I whisper. I get lost in those beautiful eyes of him… and we finally kiss each other. “So… you told John you were my girlfriend?” Chris grins at me. “Well, it´s true, isn´t it?” I smile back at him. “It is, baby… it is…!”

Days later Chris picks me up at my apartment. I have a huge suitcase with me, and I stop at the door to take a last look into the rooms where I spent so many good times in. I decided to give it a try. We decided to move in together. We lost so much time we could have spent together, but as our love wasn´t meant to be easy from the beginning, we had no other choice. But we do have now. “Ready baby?” Chris asks me and grabs my suitcase. “Yes, I think so…” I sigh. “Hey, what´s up hun” he smiles at me. “You´ll miss your little apartment, won´t you?” he says and strokes over my cheek softly. “Yes, I will… it was my first own apartment... but it´s okay… I am willing to change it against a huge house, baby.” I grin at him. “You better are” he says and gives me a little kiss.

As we arrive at Chris’ house, Jeremy is waiting there for us. “Hey guys..” he shouts. “So – I hope this was the last time I had to help you out to make up your minds! You owe me a lot, you know that?” he raises an eyebrow.

“Oh shut up Jeremy, we just did that all on purpose, just to tease you” Chris says and opens the door, leaving Jeremy there with a silly look on his face. “No, Jeremy… we are really thankful for everything you did” I let him know and give him a little kiss on his cheek. “Well, at least one of you is not completely insane…” he says and we get into the house. “Jeremy, want a beer?” Chris asks him. “Sure…” We all have a seat on the terrace and share a drink. Chris is so cute, he keeps holding my hand, carressing and kissing it. “So Judy, are you sure you wanna share the house with Evans? I couldn´t stand it” Jeremy jokes. “Shut up Renner! You´re just jealous…” Chris tells him. “Well, I guess I should really shut my mouth. It was hard work to bring you two together” Jeremy grins and takes the last sip of his beer.

“Hm, seems like I am the only one who´s single now? Judy, what about your friend Kelly, you think I´d have any chance?” he asks, but we are not listening. Chris is blinking at me against the sun, and we´re both smiling at each other. Jeremy sighs. “Okay, I better leave you now, because from what I can see here, I guess you´d rather be all alone here anyway” he winks at me. “Okay, Jeremy, get your ass out of our house” Chris laughs and gets up. OUR HOUSE? I look at him. He smiles at me and takes my hand. We both accompany Jeremy to the door and I feel great. Chris’ arm around my waist, we´re saying goodbye to Jeremy and watch him drive away. As Chris closes the door, I wrap my arms around his waist and kiss his neck. “So… any idea what we could do now? All alone, in this huge house” I whisper into his ear. “Baby, I got lots of ideas… enough for the rest of our life.” He turns around and kisses me, and I am sure he´s serious about that.

THE END