I sighed heavily and Carver sighed. “I wish I could help you out, bro,” he whispered and I chuckled.

“I wish you could take away all of my feelings for Zane,” I said back and then shook my head. Sometimes I felt… weird. Like this wasn’t normal. My whole view on like flipped upside down this summer when I came to the realization.

We were wrestling for the TV remote one day after I settled on some old school horror movie, but Zane wanted to watch sports. I don’t know, but in the midst of punches and tangled legs, I cam dup on top, my hands on his chest.

In that simple moment, my world flipped upside down as I felt excitement and fear course through me. All I wanted to do was kiss him.

“But it’s who you are,” Carver whispered and I glared away from him.

“I don’t want to be me anymore, Carver. I don’t want to be gay. It’s so…” I shook my head feeling my heart ache oddly in my chest.

“Shut up, Bentley,” he ordered and I sighed as he unwound his arm from around me. “There’s nothing wrong with you! Think about all the people in the world that a r gay. Your favorite actor!” he yelled and hit my chest, making me cough and rub my chest.

“Okay, yes, Neil Patrick Harris is awesome, but—“

“Aw, don’t tell me you’re a homophobe!” I jumped and Zane grumbled as he walked out of the locker room. We were just about to walk in. “Can you guys drive me? My mom got stuck at the office,” he added and pursed his lips.

“Oh, sure,” Carver said and then I watched his eyes widen. “Holy shit, look at that ass,” he whispered and I followed his eyes.

“Oh god,” Zane said and leaned against the locker room door for support. The girls dance team was still practicing. Camie Tate was right in the front.

“I’m going to talk to her.”

“Carver, you smell like sweat,” I said and he turned to look at me, his eyes wide.

“I don’t care,” I almost face palmed myself. I sighed and pushed past Zane, having to hold my breath so I don’t smell him freshly showered scent. God, I’ve got it bad.

“Hey, Bentley?” he asked as I got to my locker. I made a ‘hm’ sound as I gathered my clothes I wore to school today.

“To shower… or not to shower…” I pondered and heard Zane chuckle slightly. “Fuck it,” I whispered and pulled off my shirt.

“Bentley,” he said again and I sighed, loving the way my name sounded coming out of his lips.

“What? I’m listening,” I said with a small smile as I continued to change.

“You’re… You’re not really… Um… Homophobic, are you?” I snorted, oh the irony.

“Not in the slightest,” I said back and looked at him. “Why?”

“Well, I was just wondering…” he muttered and I just stared at him.

“Do you really think I could hate someone just because of what they prefer?” I asked, feeling a little upset that he thought that. I pulled my shirt on and then fixed my jeans.

“We’re going on a double date on Friday!” Carver yelled and threw the door open. I jumped and looked at him.

“What?” I asked and he smirked.

“Yup. Me and Camie. Zane and Mickey. You can come if you can find a date.” I made a face and Carver laughed.

“Yeah… Find a date… You haven’t dated since Shelby,” Zane said and I frowned. That’s because I’m gay.

I chuckled and shook my head. “I’ll pass,” I mumbled and grabbed my bag. “Come on, Carver, can we go?” I asked and he sighed, grabbing his stuff, not even bothering to change.

I sighed and walked out of the locker room, the two boys trailing behind me.

“Can you help me with an assignment tonight? Zane asked, catching up to me. I nodded my head as we walked from the school. I was kind of annoyed that Zane was going out with someone. Oh, dear god, I need to get over myself.

I climbed into the backseat of my brother’s Volvo. I always felt like Edward Cullen. “You should really put your seatbelt on,” I tried to say in the huskiest voice I could as I put my head between them.

Carver shoved me away. “You should really put your seatbelt on.” I grinned and shook my head.

“I can’t believe you made us go to that movie when it came out like… a billion years ago,” Zane said laughing as I settled back in my seat and yes, put my seatbelt on.

“It was like four years ago… no three… no… four… no…”

“Shut up,” Carver said and I laughed, watching trees blur past. “Stop being nervous too.” I sighed.

“I can’t help it, Carver!” I said back and then sighed. “Imagine if someone lets a player through! If they score on me, everyone gets pissed though half the fault is on the defense. Zane…” I said and he chuckled.

“Shut it. I hardly ever let players through and you know it. It’s the flanks. They get beat back and then I have to cover their asses,” he muttered and I sighed, looking out of the window again.

“I just want to have an amazing season this year before everything goes to shit,” I said and I heard Carver sigh, knowing what I was talking about.

“What’s going to shit?” Zane asked and I shrugged, ignoring him. “Dammit, Bentley,” I sighed and looked at my hands.

“I’m just… this is my last year, I think,” I said back and Zane’s jaw dropped.

“No! You can’t quit!” he yelled and Carver pushed him lightly.

“Chill, dude. It’s his decision… his stupid decision.”

“Fuck you, Carver. You know why I’m quitting.” Carver bit his lips down and Zane stared between us, a frown on his lips.

“What’s going on?” Zane demanded, but Carver and I both ignored him. “Tell me!” he added and I glared at him.

“Nothing!” I yelled and Zane huffed, turning in his seat and falling silent.

I went back to staring out of the window, my thoughts racing. I wish I was normal…