Movie Night

Ignore my lack of specificity about which movie everyone is seeing- I'm indecisive 🤗
Also trigger warning for implications of attempted sexual assault
———-———-———-———-———-———-———-—

As I walk through the double doors, I take get a face full of Axe body spray. Yet another reason that highschool is unbearable. Don't get me wrong, the learning part isn't bad, it's just... I don't want to say the people but yeah it's the people. Maybe it would seem better if I had more than 3 hours of sleep?

When I spot Ned talking to MJ by her locker, I remember that's not everyone here is bad- just Flash and his goons, and maybe whatever freshman who decided to spray an entire can of Axe in the hallway (enhanced senses SUCK sometimes).

"Hey guys, what's up?" I ask as I make my way over to them. Ned looks more excited than usual, and even MJ looks like she wants to be here for once.

"Omgdudetheymovedupthedateofthenewstarwarsmovieanditcomesouttonight" he squealed without taking a breath. "PLeAse tell me you don't need to patrol tonight and can come with us"

"Us?" I asked raising an eyebrow at MJ, and she scoffed

"No way I'd let the two of you loose in a theater alone. I'm not that irresponsible" she defended.

"Sure" I hummed skeptically. You see, I share a Netflix account with Ned and MJ (they're expensive!). When they put all star wars movies on for a special, Ned and I binge watched them together on his account. I never watched them on mine, yet they all show up on my history, so I've come to the conclusion she actually likes Star Wars but won't admit it.

"Of course I'm in!" I can miss a night of patrolling to hang out with my friends, and by miss I mean get my curfew extended so I can do both.

"YES! Movie night!" Ned yelled raising a victorious fist in the air. I chuckled at his antics while MJ roller her eyes fondly.

"Hey look, the three dickwads are going to the movies tonight" Flash called behind us with his friends Mac and Derek.

"I didn't know you three were going to the movies tonight?" MJ called back. As much as I really want to laugh at how perfectly she took them down, I also really enjoy breathing.

Abe, on the other hand, had overheard, taking the opportunity to yell "ooooooh that's MY Decathlon Captain" from a safe distance

"Actually," Mac starts ignoring Abe. "We are going to the movies tonight." I see Flash's eye twitch at the stupidity of the remark while MJ is smirking. Flash is pretty smart, but he just happens to hang out with people... not as smart as himself.

"Riveting as this conversation is, I'd rather be in class than listen to you morons" MJ said before turning to go literally anywhere but here. Ned and I hurried to catch up.

"Pshh yeah, well good riddance" Mac called after her. I turned around to look back at them, only to see Flash looking like it physically pained him to stand next to Mac.
———-———-———-———-———-———-———-—

"Psst Peter" I heard vaguely as something poked my side. My head shot up at the sudden movement, and I saw everyone's eyes on me.

"Welcome to the land of the living Mr. Parker" the teacher commented grimacing. "Now would you care to answer the question or do I need to call a meeting with your Aunt?"

I looked up at the board and saw the equations 5x+12y=49 and 15x-5y=65 with x=? and y=? written beside it.

"Y=5 and X=2." I said as everyone's laughter began to die down. (A/N you know if I'm wrong so be it)