Oooh another one!! Endgame rerwite

Peter sighed in relief as he saw the group of the most powerful women in the universe take the gauntlet from him across the battlefield. He was exhausted from fighting so many creatures at once, but now that he had less attention on him, he could manage.

He tried to pay attention to where the gauntlet was, he really did, but it proved to be too much. There were more people here fighting than Times Square on New Years Eve. He realized he would just have to do his best to keep others safe and take out as many creatures as possible. These things were mindless but also predictable. It was their instinct to attack very directly, making defeating them easy enough be it repetitive. It seemed to be endless, wave after wave coming. The repetition gave Peter time to think while fighting. He thought back to his conversation with Dr. Strange while they were in the Soul Stone.

——————————
It was a few weeks after the Snap, and people were beginning to cope. They weren't moving on, but they were recognizing that this was their life. Some built shelters, some gathered food, and others gathered information. Peter was among the latter.

"Dr. Strange?" He asked numbly. The man hummed in acknowledgement and looked in his direction.

"You saw over 14 million possible futures right?"

"I did."

"And we only win in one of them?"

"That's correct." Dr. Strange verified. Peter hummer thoughtfully at this answer, still void of emotion.

"How do we win?" He asked the doctor.

"Peter I can't-" Strange started only to be cut off.

"I won't tell anyone- I won't even try to change it. I just- I just have to know that we have a chance. That everything we did meant something." Peter begged. Dr. Stange sighed conflicted. He knew he shouldn't tell the kid, but at the same time he instinctively wanted to trust him. The kid didn't hesitate to jump on an alien ship to save lives.

"The Avengers are going to figure out how to time travel in order to get the stones. They'll replace them after to make sure the timeline remains intact, but they'll defeat Thanos." Dr. Strange answers vaguely and distantly.

"And?" Peter prompts, earning a confused look from Strange. "I know you aren't saying something." After a pregnant pause Strange speaks.

"Tony is going to sacrifice himself to save the universe."

"But there might be more possible futures, right? I mean there are infinite futures, and you saw millions. There could be billions, trillions, or even more possible futures. We could win in one of those. Right?" Peter hypothesized, trying not to get his hopes up.

"I suppose so..." Dr. Stange somewhat agreed trailing off. "But we cant risk half of the universe for a chance. Tony wouldn't want that either."

"I need you to tell me how." Peter said, determined to come to terms with the fact now so he doesn't mess up the entire universe.

——————————
As he was fighting the alien creatures reflexively (and with Karen's help) he heard another voice in his suit.

"Hello?" He asked, hoping he hadn't gotten hit in the head too hard.

"Hello Peter." Friday answered before clarifying. "It seems that since you are all in such close proximity, Karen has linked with me and Thursday, Mrs. Boss's AI."

"Cool!" Peter said, actually intrigued. He missed technology. Half of every living thing in the universe was in the Soul Stone— and that didn't include technology. Seeing all the creatures in his area were gone, he swung up to a higher point to see who needed help.