chapter 5

Katakuri stood frozen the moment she called him by the nickname only she called him by, and stared into her big red eyes that he remembers so well, and saw how confused, happy and shocked she was while tears begin to appear in her eyes.

" Is it really you?." Asked Midnight with a very weak voice and stared at his scarf, slowly moved her hand to his face.

Katakuri stared at her hand and felt her gentle touch against his cheek, his heart started to beat faster the moment her hand touched him, and he couldn't help to smile a little while feeling her hand slowly moved down to his mouth, tracing against his scars that he was careful to hide. Her gentle touch felt so nice that Katakuri couldn't help to close his eyes and enjoy the moment even if he knew that his siblings were around them, and saw everything. But he didn't care, it has been so long since he felt her touch, that felt so warm and soft against his skin, and he wanted to enjoy it for a little while.

" If you still are unsure it's me. Midnight." He said softly and gently grabbed Midnight's hand and looked into her eyes that stared at him widely. " Than let me tell you something only you, and I know."

He moved closer to her ear and whispered with a low voice so his siblings couldn't hear what he said to her. "The last time we saw each other we made these scars on our left palm to be sure we remember each other, and you were the one who comes up with the idea...wow."

Midnight throws her arms around his neck, before he could even finish, and hugged him tightly while her wings fell out in their full length.

" It is you." She said happily and buried her face into his scarf with a big smile on her lips. " It's really you."

Katakuri returned her hug with a big smile on his lips while running his hand through her long black hair, that felt soft through his fingers. Before his siblings ran over to them with big happy smiles on their faces, and he knew too well why. Back when he and the oldest siblings were kids, they played a lot with Midnight and got along really well. Even Oven who was an angry kid who liked to get into fights all the time like Midnight like she was his, own little sister.

" Midnight nee-san!." Brulee appeared in front of them, with all the others behind her, and stared at Midnight with a big smile.

Katakuri chuckled, while Midnight gently pushed away from him to see who was behind them, and she stared at his siblings with wide eyes.

" Brulee?." Brulee jumped up and down in happiness.

" Oven?. Perospero?. Daifuku?.. Compote?."

Midnight pov

I stared at the people around me while tears were building up in my eyes. It was like I woke up in a very wonderful dream, a dream I had many times since the day I last saw them. I had always wanted to see them again, especially after the horrible incident that happened many years ago. But I didn't have any clue where they were or how to find them. It was like they disappeared like they never existed. The only thing I had of them was the memory of them and dreams that was both bad and good.

But I didn't have any clue where they were or how to find them. It was like they disappeared like they never existed. The only thing I had of them was the memory of them and dreams that was both bad and good.

And now I was right in front of the just like that, and I had so many questions that were building up in my head while I had this feeling that made me uneasy.

Sure I was happy to see everybody, but something about this situation just smelled fishy and not the good kind.

I could feel Katakuri's hands on me tightened and gently pushed me closer to his broad chest that I tried to ignore. I knew they all would grow up after all this year, but just looking at Katakuri who had grown looking really strong and muscular just made my whole face burn up and I wouldn't be surprised if my whole face was blood red for everybody to see.