Prologue

A girl with long black hair, dressed in a dark red cloak with white fur on the hood, stared up at the clear night sky that was filled with millions of stars. Her white skin was glowing when the light from the moon hit her skin, and made her dark red eyes stand out more than usual. Beside her stood a boy who was just a little taller than her, with short spiky crimson hair, dressed in a dark torn jacket, dark pants, and a ragged scarf that covered his mouth.

The girl glanced at the boy beside her and saw the sad look in his crimson eyes while he stared at the night sky.

"What's the matter sweet tooth?."

The boy's eyes turned to her and frowned. " Nothing."

"I can see in your face that something is wrong." The girl moved in front of him and stared into his eyes. " Tell me What's wrong?."

The boy sighs and crossed his arms. " Are we friends?."

The girl's eyes widen in shock." Of course, we are, why do you ask?."

The boy moved one of his hands up to the scarf that covered his mouth and looked to be in really deep thoughts.

" Am going back home tomorrow, and I don't know if I will ever come back here." His crimson eyes turned to her. " I just wonder if our friendship will hold, will we remember each other when we see each other again?."

"Of course we will," said the girl, but she saw how unsure the boy was and thought for a second. " You really that afraid that we will forget each other?."

He sighs. " You are the first one beside my siblings who don't see me as a monster without my scarf. I don't think I will find anybody like that."

"Than how about we mark ourself?.'

The boy stared at her confused. " What do you mean?."

The girl looked around on the ground and found a sharp stone, and pressed it hard against her right palm, and made a big bloody 'X' wound on her palm. " There," She held up her hand at the boy showed the wound she made. " Now I will never forget you."

The boy stared at her wound for A while before he did the same thing with his right palm, and showed the wound too.

"And I will never forget you, Midnight."

The girl smiled and was on her way to say something, when she saw the boy fade away like he was disappearing into the thin air.

"Sweet tooth?." The girl blinked, and the moment she blinked she saw fire everywhere, and people from her town running and flying up in the air screaming. While soldiers from the Marin was shooting them down, one by one.

"What the?. " the girl looked around like a lost puppy before a gun was right in front of her face.

"No!!!."

A woman flew up in her sleep and fell down from her bed while looking around while sweat was running down from her forehead and back.

"Hey what is going on?." A door flew opened, and a boy with a straw hat walked in and stared at the women on the floor. " hey, are you alright Midnight?."

The women took a deep breath and slowly stood up. " Yeah, just a very bad dream."

The boy stared at her before smiling. " Ah, alright. Well, its good that you are up. Sanji made some very delicious sandwich, and you better hurry before me and the other eat them up."

" Ok, I will be there in a second." Said the women and watched the boy walk out from the room before she ran. Her hand through her black hair and looked at her right palm that had a big red 'x' scar.

"Why am I dreaming about him now?."