"I agree with you, but you still have to go. It's for the best." I nodded and kicked a rock that was in my way. I watched as it rolled and fell in a puddle made by the water sprinklers on the sidewalk.

"Did Officer Calahan tell the school... that," I sighed, "that Shayla Dawson died?"

"I'm sure they will today, and it will be announced tomorrow in school in the presence of all the students. You might witness it."

"Did they say that they found the body or didn't?"

"They told your school that they found the body, but of course they didn't, because Shayla and Mikayla are the same person." I opened my mouth to correct her, but she beat me to it. "Physically the same person, I mean." I nodded.

"That sounds better." I sucked in a deep breath and let it out. "I'm nervous. About school. It feels like I'm going to a new school, but really, I'm just a different person now."

"It's okay. People will love you. You know how people are at your school. I know that there would be someone who would like a funny bookworm and artist like you."

"That makes me feel better, but I still want ice cream." She chuckled and shook her head.

"Nice try young lady. That won't happen. You'll most likely get your ice cream next Friday. It'll be on me."

"Thank God! You are an angel. I swear you are one."

"Thank you." She took a bow. "My wife thinks the same."

"I'd like to meet her sometime. When will she come back?" Yes, Anna-Marie is bisexual, and she is a wonderful person. She got married just last year and she gushes about her wife, Lily, so much that I want to meet her now. Lily went to Sydney to meet her father who was sick.

"She said she'll be back tomorrow. I'll be really happy to see her. It's been two weeks now."

"I'm happy for you. You love her a lot, don't you?" She nodded like a little girl who was offered candy. "And there's me. Forever alone."

"You'll find someone, don't worry. But you have me, and hopefully more people if you do make friends."

"Hmph. You're one to make me feel better." I kicked another rock on the sidewalk. I thought it kicked it softly but seems like I kicked it so hard it hit a little girl, and now she's bleeding and crying.

Well, I have no idea what just happened.

I did nothing, and you saw nothing.

~~~

"Mika, stop that!" I could hear my sister's laugh vibrating through my ears. I continued to wiggle my fingers on the sides of her abdomen, holding her arms so that she wouldn't try to push me away.

"Not until you surrender. I will tickle you until you agree."

"Okay, okay! I lost, okay?" I laughed as she pouted. She crossed her arms over her stomach, making sure I wouldn't tickle her again.

She handed me the twenty dollar bill and blew a lock of hair off of her face.

"You're so cruel. Just because you won for chess doesn't mean that you could tickle me. This was the one time you ever won against me."

It was true. Kat was always better at chess than I ever was. That's why I decided to cheat.

It was worth cheating, I thought. Now I could get whatever I want with twenty bucks.

I heard her gasp from beside me. Then a slap on the arm.

"You cheater!" She squealed.