"I k-keep seeing her dead and-and grey..."

The repetitive nightmares had Jersey scared to sleep. That was preventing her from relaxing, so her body was craving for something to calm her down.

"Look, how about I fix you some warm tea. You can drink that and sleep in my room, if that makes you feel any better."

Jersey looked her best friend in the eyes and couldn't help but to give her a small, shaky smirk. Kelli was really a good person. Although, she could get real mean at times.

Jersey ambled into Kelli's decorative room and climbed right in her large, comfy bed. She laid there and watched television until her friend brought her a warm cup of tea with a side dish.

"Thanks for being here for me." Jersey stated while nervously pulling the lone string that hung off of Kelli's blanket. "I haven't been the same since I tried to confront about Malcolm about Rudy-My life has been in shambles ever since then. I know, my life was already fucked up but now It's even worse."

Jersey was trying to protect her cousin from Marcus, so she decided to keep the situation to herself. Nobody knew about her plan yet. She wanted to talk to Malcolm first.

_____________________________

Knock, knock

Ryder stood there and waited for the door to open. After he knocked for the third time, the door finally opened.

June stood there with her book in her hand. Ryder gave her a sinister smirk as he walked in and closed the door.

"What are you doing here?" He asked her.

"I decided to move in with my brother." She replied while walking over to the couch. She flopped down and flipped her book to a different page.

"I see you decided to stay in school. Good for you. I guess you going back home to Frida."

June shook her head no. "I'm not. This quarter is almost over. I'm just trying to maintain my A's."

Ryder scoffed and noticed that Malcolm was making his way to the living room. Still, he was going to give it to June. He knew that Malcolm wouldn't care since he was like family.

"You need to stay your ass in school. You got one more year and that's it. You're off to medical school. Get it together June. That Instagram shit will be there when you finish-matter of fact, you can still do Instagram while in school."

June pursed her lips and said, "Well, that's not my plan. And if you love me, you'll support me and not ridicule me."

"I do love you, you're my little sister..." Ryder trailed off. "But you need to get your shit together."

"What you doing here?" Malcolm questioned Ryder, breaking the conversation. June silently thanked her brother as she went back to her studies.

"I got a call from Micah..." Ryder trailed off. "Man, he got arrested."

June nosily looked up when Ryder mentioned Micah. He was just one of Malcolm and Ryder's closest friends. Just like Malcolm-Micah was ill-tempered and bold. He was a true outlaw.

Malcolm shook his head and said, "For what?"

"You know how that nigga temper is. He didn't tell me too much, but he had a fight with some man." Ryder informed his friend.

"Shit, I guess he wants me to bail him out then."

Ryder shook his head. "I did that early this morning."

"I need to call his ass and see what's up with him. He just can't be getting arrested and shit, that'll draw too much attention. I need to see if he talked to that punk ass detective yet."