I Maid It Even Worse

Start from the beginning

"I can't help it Ari, it pisses me off."

Ari simply rolls her eyes again and starts to get up with her crutches when she trips over one of my sneakers and I hold my hand out to stop her from falling when we both just end up falling together.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, uh fine."

She's underneath me now with me hovering over her. We're so close that if I lean any further we'll be kissing.

I start to unconsciously lean in, but slowly so that she can stop me. But she doesn't. She just keeps looking up at me with those beautiful blue eyes. And so I keep leaning in.

Closer. And closer. And closer...

When someone knocks on the door yelling, "Zack!"

Ari and I jump apart and I inwardly groan at the interruption.

I was so close to kissing her! Feeling her soft lips on mine again...

I help her up and she stands there supported by the crutches.

I open the door to find Payton standing there and she grins when she sees Ari.

"Never mind, I found someone better to play with!"

At that she goes over to Ari and begs for her to play with her. Ari agrees and hobbles after my sister.

I don't even have time to think about how my own sister would rather play with Ari than me.

Because I'm too busy thinking about Ari. And how I would love to be able to kiss her again...

****

"You know the girl you're hopelessly crushing on?"

That's the first thing I hear from Nick when I get to school.

"I'm not hopelessly crushing on her," I scoff.

Luke just stands there and laughs at me.

Nick rolls his eyes at me, "Yeah yeah whatever. What's her best friend's name?"

I glare at him. I am not hopelessly crushing on Ari!

"Why do you even care?"

Nick turns red and avoids looking me in the eye.

Wait... I smirk, "You like her don't you?"

"N-no."

"Admit it Nick," I wiggle my eyebrows.

"Just tell me her name," he glares at me.

"Do you want her number too?" I tease.

"Why? Do you have it?"

I burst out laughing at his hopeful face. He glares at me when he realizes I don't actually have her number.

"Her name is Lexi," Luke says.

I glare at him. He could've let me tease Nick a little longer especially after he's been teasing me nonstop about Ari.

Speaking of Ari, we are slowly getting back to being civil to each other. I just have to not mess up anymore...

I spot her at her locker listening to her friend Lexi talking while her brother Alex stands there uninterested. I can't believe I was jealous of him once. Now that I know what he is to Ari, it's so obvious they only see each other as brother and sister.

I try to pay attention to what Luke is saying, but I notice that Nick isn't even paying attention and I catch him checking Lexi out. He catches me watching and I smirk while he turns red and looks away.

Remind me to talk to Ari about hooking them up later...

I look over at Ari again and see her and Lexi talking to another girl. She doesn't look familiar so she must be a new student. She's really good looking and I'm sure Alex thinks the same because he's obviously checking her out but the girl looks completely oblivious while she just continues talking.

The bell rings and my friends and I walk to class. They have whatever class together while I have a different one, so after awhile we go our separate ways.

"Zack wait!"

I turn around to see Ari coming closer.

"What is it?"

"Could you um give me a ride after school?" She asks nervously.

"Sure," I shrug.

"Thanks!" She hugs me and I'm startled that I just stand there for a couple seconds before hugging her back awkwardly.

She must sense what she did because she ends the hug abruptly.

"S-sorry," she stutters before walking away with her head down.

I can't help but smirk at how flustered she got over a simple hug. Imagine how she would react if it were much more...

Ari, I'll make you mine again. If it's the last thing I do...