Chapter 51: Long Time No See

A/N

(Y/N) Your Name

"Signing"

"Talking"

(Y/N) slowly woke up to see she was the only one in the tree. She looked around then down the ladder. She saw Damon walk near the tree with a plate of food. "Morning." She greeted him. He looked up. 

"Oh, good morning! Sorry, did I wake you?" He asked. 

"No, I just woke up actually." (Y/N) explained. 

"Oh, ok." Damon nodded in understanding. "I brought you some fruit. I thought you might be hungry waking up this late." 

"What? How late is it?" 

"You slept in. You must of been tired after yesterday. It's almost lunch so I brought you something to eat." 

"Thanks. I'll come down." (Y/N) said before she climbed down the ladder. "I forgot how long it took to use the ladder." She laughed before she gracefully took the plate of fruit before saying thank you. They both talked as they walked closer to the apes main area. Before they walked out of the forest, Damon gently grabbed (Y/N)'s arm. 

"I'm sorry for stopping you but...I just wanted to say something." He mentioned. 

"Sure, what's wrong?" (Y/N) asked. 

"Oh, nothing! I just needed to tell you that I...I guess...I think that I might...like you.." Damon explained. "I just get this...warm feeling whenever you're around. And I want to help you and be with you whenever I can. I know we've only know each other for less than a month but...I guess all I'm trying to ask is...would you like to hang out as..more than friends?" Damon asked nervously. (Y/N) lightly blushed. She had never been in a relationship, nobody had ever liked her in a romantic way before, well, nobody that she knew of. This was all very new to her. But, she had to admit that she did feel.. something towards Damon. (Y/N) sighed. 

"I got to admit...I do like you a little more than a friend. But I've never been a relationship before. I don't know anything about them besides 'dating'. I guess what I'm saying is...I don't think I'm ready to be in a relationship right now, nor ever. But if anything changes then I'll let you know." 

"Completely understandable. And, if I'm being completely honest, I don't know that much on relationships either." Damon admitted. (Y/N) laughed. Then she looked to where all the apes were working and relaxing. 

"Just promise me this;" She said as she turned back to Damon. 

"Anything." Damon reassured. 

"...Don't tell anybody about this. Especially Rocket. He'll never stop bugging me about it." (Y/N) explained, causing Damon to laugh. 

"Don't worry, I won't." 

--------------------------------------------------------

About three more weeks had past and all was good in the ape home. Damon had taken (Y/N) to her favourite pond in the Fair Forest. They both sat down next to the pond and looked up to the beautiful willow trees. They breathed the fresh air and exhaled deep sighs. 

"(Y/N)." Damon said. (Y/N) faced Damon. "I brought you here today because I know how much you love this place. It's beautiful. I wanted to make sure you know how beautiful you are. You've told me before how you think you're a monster. That couldn't be more wrong. You're extraordinary, smart, beautiful, one of a kind. So, (Y/N), would you like to make this relationship official?" Damon asked, his hands slightly shaking. 

(Y/N) smiled a little. But then it went away. "I'm... sorry, Damon. But I still don't think I should be in a relationship right now. I know I'm probably being a pain but-"

"You're not being a pain at all! It's your choice. And I respect that." Damon said.

"Thanks Damon." (Y/N) said as she smiled again. Then a bird shriek echoed through the air. A loud one. (Y/N) and Damon looked up to try and find the bird that released the call. The bird shrieked again, which made (Y/N) gasp. 

Damon then asked, "what? Is the bird in trouble?" (Y/N) just continued to watch the sky. 

"No..." She said. "It's (B/N)." 

(Y/N) smiled and ran towards the ape area while Damon followed. Once she made it out of the forest, she stretched her wings and began to fly. She didn't think twice about the pain, the only thing she cared about was getting to (B/N). (Y/N) hovered in the sky while she looked around. She heard the call again from behind her. She turned around and saw something in the distance. The outline of a bird became clear. (Y/N) smiled and flew towards the bird. (B/N) saw (Y/N) and flew faster. He let out happy chirps as the two met. (B/N) flew excitedly around (Y/N). 

"(B/N)! Oh my god! I can't believe it!" (Y/N) exclaimed. 

WAIT

A/N: Just a quick reminder 

(B/N) Bird Name

(F/C) Feather Colour

"Bird talk that only (Y/N) can understand"

Okay, continue...

She held (B/N) in her arms as she slowly lowered herself to the ground. Once she landed, all her attention was on her hawk. (B/N) nuzzled his beak against (Y/N)'s cheek as (Y/N) gently stroked his (F/C) feathers. 

"I've missed you, gorgeous boy..." She said. 

"How long have you been traveling?" She asked. 

"Don't know. Just glad I found you." (B/N) replied happily. 

(Y/N) smiled before asking, "you thirsty? Hungry?" 

"Kind of." (B/N) chirped with a little 'bird' laugh. 

(Y/N) laughed along, "okay, well, the pond is over there. I'll get you some food." 

"Thank you." He thanked her before taking off. 

(Y/N) walked back near the forest as she past Damon. "Who was that bird?" He asked curiously. 

(Y/N) continued walking as she said, "(B/N). He was a friend in our old home before the soldiers found us. I told him to go so he wouldn't get hurt." (Y/N) explained. 

"Ohh." Damon understood. "He's beautiful." He said. 

"Yes... he is." (Y/N) smiled before she shushed Damon and grabbed her dagger from her waist. She readied it in the air before throwing it to the ground a few feet away from her. A little squeak was heard. (Y/N) walked over and grabbed her dagger and pull it out of a big rat. She grabbed it and carried it back to the main area. Damon just followed her, an impressed and intimidated look on his face.

They both walked back and (B/N) flew towards them and landed on (Y/N)'s shoulder. He stared at Damon. "Who's this?" He asked, showing he was skeptical. 

"This is Damon. The apes met a few humans along the way. I'll introduce you to the others later." (Y/N) explained. 

"I thought all humans were bad? Dangerous." (B/N) questioned. 

"That's what we thought too. But...I guess there's still a few decent people out there." (Y/N) said as she smiled to Damon. 

"What did he say?" Damon asked. 

"I was just explaining that you're a friend and not a threat." (Y/N) said before she looked back to (B/N). "Got your favourite. Freshly killed." She said as she handed the rat to (B/N). (B/N) took it gratefully before he hovered in the air. "I'll bring you to my tree." (Y/N) said before she showed (B/N) where her tree was. Damon stayed with his brothers, giving (Y/N) and (B/N) some time to reunite.