chapter 12

The next morning I wake up and go shower as usual. Then go for breakfast. This morning it's just Anna and I. "Thank you for putting my things in my room and letting the TV store install my TV," I tell her. "No problem sweetie," she says. "Tonight is the ceremony, so I have hair dressers and makeup artists arriving in an hour,then there's a party afterwards," she tells me. I nod my head.
   An hour later we are both getting our hair done. The hair dresser does my hair with a few braids on top of my head with some emerald beads to match my dress. Then the makeup artist applies eye shadow of emerald green with a little bit of green glitter added and black eye liner. Then they help with my dress and light jacket.
   Afterwards Anna and I almost match, but her dress is a lighter shade of green, but she still looks like a queen. After our dresses are on, the hair stylist adds her crown and to my shock, adds one to my hair to. Mine is simple but beautiful, it's a silver band with some diamonds in it.
   Then we are escorted outside, with myself following behind Queen Anna. Once we walk out Jake takes Ann's hand and Erick comes up and offers his arm for me to take, which I do.  Then we walk up to the stage.
   When Jake walks up to the microphone the crowd goes silent. "As most of you have heard by now, my son Erick has found his mate, finally. This is not their mating ceremony,but an introduction to you guys. Please welcome Prince Erick and his mate Princess Ella," Jake says. The crowd cheers, even though I see some nasty looks from a few girls as we step up.
   "Breathe, and wave," Erick says and gently squeezed my hand. I didn't realize I was holding my breath, till he said something. I take a breath and start waving, like how my mom taught me.
   After the introduction to the kingdom the music starts and Erick pulls me out to the dance floor. Just then a slow song comes on. Erick puts his puts one hand on my waist and the other on my mid back. I put one hand on his shoulder and the other on his waist. After a few songs, I rest my head on his shoulder while dancing.
   I didn't know that they could play so many slow songs in a row during a party, but they did. It's then that I decide to look around. There's barely anybody on the dance floor, and the rest of the crowd is watching us. Some with jealousy and the others happy. His mom is crying because of her happiness.
   In embarrassment I burry my face into Erick's neck. As I do so, I feel the sparks where our skin is touching. He feel him chuckle and lean into my touch on his neck making more of our skin touch. I hold back a pur, because I feel safe and comfortable with him. "We could just stay like this forever," Izzy says through mindlink. Without thinking about it, I reply throatily, by "humming" in agreement. Which makes Erick chuckle,"talking to Izzy," he asks. "Yes, sorry," I reply. "Don't be as long as your both happy, so am I," he says.
   I smile and hug him. "I need to sit and get something to drink," I tell him. So we leave the dance floor and look for a table. I sit down as Erick goes to get drinks and snacks. After a couple minutes a girl sits down at our table. "You know your not good enough for Erick, you should just leave," she says. I look at her in shock. "How dare you Cici," I hear, I look up to see a very livid Anna.
   Anna grabs Cici by the hair and pulls her away disappearing from the party. Then Erick walks up, "what was that about? My mom is never that mad." I tell him what happened, "well she's lucky mom, heard her and I didn't, I would have killed her, yet again mom might," he chuckles, "She already loves you, like a daughter."