Chapter 1

Kali Harpercop was at home, as her school got out an hour early, relaxing in a chair in the living room next to the mantel which had a ton of old family photos placed up across it. 

The twins then entered the house through the back door, having just walked home from school. They looked kinda miserable as they both groaned and threw their backpacks down to the ground. 

"Oh, my goodness. What happened?" Jane asked her two youngest children, coming to them from the kitchen. 

"Well, we got a history project today on our family history and the rest of the class said our family's worthless. Not worth being put in a history book" Brock began explaining even though he didn't want to he knew he had too.

Ann started to complain. "Oh, why isn't our family special?"

"You just need a little adventure searching" their big sister tried brighten up the twins mood, as she got up out of her chair. 

"You guys just need to find something to be proud of in our family's history, like..." Kali explained, before she was thinking about the right word to say next, then she gasped. "Who's your hero?"

"That's easy," Brock replied. "Ironman" 

"No, no, not a comic book character," Kali tried to explain. "I mean like someone from our family. A real actual person from a long time ago in history"

"Like, Balto and Togo!" The adventure girl gave an example, remembering one of their adventures racing with the famous sled dogs. 

While the twin started to ponder on who their hero could be, Kali had another question about their family history that needed solving. 

"Hey, Dad..." She called from the kitchen and asked. "How is it that our family is half black?" 

"I will have to get back to you on that" Walter said, poking his head out from the kitchen then quickly left the room. 

Kali sighed in response, knowing she'd have to figure that mystery out herself.

The twins had no idea who their hero could be through their ancestry. They started looking at all the old family photos up on the mantel, when they noticed this one unusual picture. 

"Hey, what's this?" Brock asked, taking the picture off the mantel to have a closer look at it. 

The picture was very old, as it looked to be taken somewhere in the 1930s since it was in black and white. The picture was of a boy, holding a baseball in one hand and a bat in the other. Plus he was wearing a Yankee's baseball cap. 

"I've never seen this photo before" Ann said, coming up to have a look with her twin brother. 

"Don't you guys remember?" Kali asked her younger twin siblings. "This is a picture of our great grandfather, Yankee Irving" 

But the twins gave her questioning looks since they didn't know too much about him. 

"This is his personal baseball" Kali then showed the twins their great grandfather's old, worn baseball he'd kept since the 1930s. 

The twins still looked a little confused as they were trying to process. 

"Mom and Dad told us he was a big deal back in the day" Kali continued. Now the twins were starting to get interested. 

"But why didn't we know all about this before? And how come this is the only picture we have of him?" Brock questioned. 

"No," Ann said. "There's gotta be more to this" 

"Ooh, this sounds like an adventure to me" Kali smirked to her sister. 

The siblings decided they needed to learn more about their family's secret history, specifically on their great grandfather Yankee Irving. Plus the twins thought this would go very good for their family history project.