i. which one is pain?

Our bones and joints don't produce movement

Our bones and joints don't produce movement. It's our muscles that cause them to perform various functions with their ability to contract and relax. By alternating between contraction and relaxation, our bones and other supported structures are able to move and fulfill their purposes.

The human body has more than 600 individual muscles. It's an enormous number at first thought but it would be such an inconvenience if a portion of them gets damaged or fatigued. Turns out, some things that seem too much would not be as functional as they were when decreased. Movement plays a big part in our lives that's why it is important for people to take care of their muscles.

Well, not for me.

I don't care about them. I just want to see in person how they work. If I could just find a way to do that… Will it be okay for Sherlock if I tell him I'll cut him? Or should I just do it right away, without waiting for his permission?

The latter sounds more appealing to me. Besides, they feel pretty much the same.

But I remember he doesn't want to talk to me because of last night's events. Mummy and Daddy won't let me do that too. I made him laugh all night, thought he was going to burst. I was so happy. But Mummy and Daddy had to stop me, of course. Well, it turns out I got it all wrong.

Apparently, he was screaming.

I didn't want to ask Mycroft because he's not my favourite, I can't make him laugh. Mummy and Daddy aren't fun to slice too. Way too much blood. Guess it'll have to be me again, as always.

I went directly to the kitchen and snatched a knife. Mycroft was just near, he's eating pastries Mummy has baked for him in the dining area. Mummy and Daddy will catch me doing the deed later after Mycroft finishes his last cupcake but I don't care.

Muscles come first.

I started slicing a part of my arm deep enough to see my flesh while I pronate and supinate my left forearm. Blood started gushing out from my wound. It didn't last long, though.

“What are you doing? Oh my god, Sweetie, please put the knife down!” exclaimed Mummy as she carefully snatched my arm and the knife I was holding.

“What's happening here? Eurus, is that blood?!” asked Daddy when he saw my wounded arm. They were flustered, of course. There's a hint of frustration in their voices considering I have been causing them trouble since last night.

Mycroft then ran to the scene while dusting off the noticeable crumbs on his shirt. “Eurus, what were you doing?”

“I wanted to see how my muscles work.” This earned gasps from Mummy and Daddy. They thought it was suicide but as it turned out, it was worse than what they initially assumed.

“Did you feel pain?” asked Mycroft.

I answered as honest as I could. Of all the tingling sensations I've felt while I was cutting my arm, I couldn't really tell.

“Which one's pain?”