500 Years Of Solitude

It was a beautiful day, as Katherine lay in bed in Damon's room, weak. She had just had a heart attack last night, but had been released today. She was on bed rest, though. She wasn't allowed to leave the bed or have any stress. She hated being told what to do, but she couldn't disobey the doctor's orders. Damon was there to make sure of that. He was also trying to find a way to save her.

Damon walked in and sat on her bedside.

She gave a smile in greeting.

"How are you feeling?" he asked her.

"Like hell. What do you think I feel like?" she weakly replied.

"I think I found a witch that can reverse the rapid aging. She'll be here tonight," he informed her.

"About time," she replied.

"She's coming here from New Orleans."

"Who is she?"

"Sophie Deveraux."

She smiled.

"What?" he questioned.

"Let's just say we go way back. I knew her family 300 years ago in New Orleans. I visited for a time. After that, I kept tabs on them. They're very loyal and peaceful witches. They only fight if they have to."

"What else don't I know about you?" he asked curiously.

"I'll let you know when I'm not dying."

They smiled at each other.

That night, when she knew that she most likely had a few hours left to live, Sophie arrived. 

An hour later, Sophie finished the spell and Katherine was no longer dying. So Sophie went home and the human and vampire were happy.

They looked at each other happily.

She smiled at her elder childe.

He smiled back at his sire.

It was such a blissful moment, that they found themselves kissing passionately.

In the end, they became a couple once more.