Chapter 2: Road to the lake house

Kara's POV 

Kaz and I woke up. We start to head over to Tom's. The first people we see mare Mr. and Mrs. P putting stuff in the back of the car. Kaz and I walk over to them "Morning, Mr. and Mrs. P." Then Tom, Bethany and Hannah come out. Mr. and Mrs. P made room for one of us in the back with the luggage. Bethany gets in the car. I then hand Mr.. P my stuff and then I climb into the back seat behind Bethany. Tom sits next to Bethany. Kaz hands Mr. P his stuff and gets in next to Tom. Hannah then sits on Kaz's lap cause there is not a whole lot of space. Mr. and Mrs. P finish putting everything in the car. They get into the car and start to drive. 

After a while I noticed that Kaz was listening to music. Hannah who was on Kaz's lap had her headphones on and listening to music while she was swinging her sock monkey around. It kept hitting Tom. Tom was just annoyed. Bethany was smiling, nudging Tom while, texting someone. I bet it is Ricky. I stretch my hand over to Kaz. "Kaz." 

"Yea, Kara." Kaz responds. 

I hand him my phone with the earbuds. "Listen to Song 32 on there." 

Kaz's POV 

My sister, Kara hands me her phone and it is open to that song recording app she has. She tells me to listen to Song 32. I scroll through until I find it. I Press play. The music starts and I hear my sister start singing. 

"Guess this means you're sorry. You're standing at my door. Guess this means you take back. All you said before. Like how much you wanted. Anyone but me. Said you'd never come back. 'Cause we belong together now, yeah. Forever united here somehow, yeah. You got a piece of me. And honestly. My life. My life. Would suck. Would suck. Without you. Maybe I was stupid for telling you goodbye. Maybe I was wrong for trying to pick a fight. I know that I've got issues. But you're pretty messed up too. Either way I found out. I'm nothing without you. 'Cause we belong together now, yeah. Forever united here somehow, yeah. You got a piece of me. And honestly. My life. My life. Would suck. Would suck. Without you. Being with you is so dysfunctional. I really shouldn't miss you. But I can't let you go. Oh, yeah. 'Cause we belong together now, yeah. Forever united here somehow, yeah. You got a piece of me. And honestly. My life. My life. Would suck. Would suck. Without you. 'Cause we belong together now, yeah. Forever united here somehow, yeah. You got a piece of me. And honestly. My life. My life. Would suck. Would suck. Without you." Then the song ends. My sister is really talented. I take the earbuds out. "You are really talented, sis." 

"Thanks, Kaz." She responded and I hand Kara her phone and earbuds back. 

Kara's POV

A few minutes later, Tom takes one part of Hannah's head phones off so she can hear him. "Hannah. Please, next time you ride the hump, Okay?"

"I barf in the middle. Remember?" Hannah replies and then goes back to listening to music. She also goes back to swinging her sock monkey around. 

I wasn't really paying attention but the announcer on the radio. "And that's the farm report. In other news, it looks like... there will be more than just fireworks in the sky tonight... as an unexpected meteor shower adds a little excitement to our area this holiday.

Just a bit more and then we are there. Mr P was paying attention to the road. "Very exciting. We're in for a little bit of a show." 

Mrs. P turned around to look at all of us. "That'll be beautiful, guys." 

Mr. P smiles. "Better wear hats tonight. We don't want our heads catching on fire." He was joking. Kaz and I laughed. Tom, Bethany and Hannah didn't. At least Kaz and I though it was funny. 

"Hey." Bethany says as Tom grabs her phone from her hand. 

"Your boy toy is a complete idiot." Tom says looking at the picture and showing it to me and Kaz. Ugh. The picture was of him shirtless holding flowers. Disgusting. 

Bethany grabs the phone from Tom. "Ricky is not a boy toy. We're in a mature, loving relationship." 

Tom made a disgusted face and noise. 

"Why don't we talk in a few years when you have a clue what dating's all about?" Bethany says with a bit of snarky tone. 

"Like Ricky has a clue?" Tom asked. It was a rhetorical question in a way. Cause some of us know that Ricky has no clue about what it means to be in a relationship. When you are in relationship you don't cheat, lie and flirt on another girl. 

"One more word about Ricky, and I swear to God I'll kill you." Bethany threatened. Oh, jeez. This is sounds like it is not gonna end well, unless someone says something. 

"Okay. That is enough. Knock it off, you guys. We're almost there." Mrs. P says which stopped the fighting between Tom and Bethany. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do not own the song my life would suck with you. Kelly Clarkson owns the song but this is a fanfiction my Oc Kara wrote the song when in reality that belongs to Kelly Clarkson. I hope you enjoy the story, though. 

Evermore (Aliens in the attic & Mighty Med/Elite Force Crossover)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara