iii. trip to mount weather.

the kids aren't alright.
chapter three, trip to mount weather !

                    "YOU TWO ARE THE WEIRDEST PEOPLE I HAVE EVER MET," sydney hale stated

"YOU TWO ARE THE WEIRDEST PEOPLE I HAVE EVER MET," sydney hale stated. she had managed to contain her smile, keeping on facade that she wasn't in the slightest amused, when in reality the two boys ― or rather one that made her heart skip a beat ― made her feel weird, different. in a mood that she had always had around nathan miller, but somehow different.

      "you love us," jasper grinned teasingly, sydney crossing her arms and tilting her head, shifting all her weight to one side.

      "oh, do i now?" she asked, raising an eyebrow. monty glanced at jasper, wanting to see what the boys answer would be. it seemed that jasper had hesitated for a moment, his mouth opening and closing like a goldfish.

      "'course you do," jasper responded quickly. "we're adorable," that line got her to crack. sydney smiled, looking up at the sky with a roll of her eyes. she then looke d back at them after a moment, seeing the two grin in achievement and give eachother a self high five.

      all of a sudden, the two boys were caught by their hoodies, spun around to face the said 'golden trio' and finn collins, sydney standing beside them with a raised eyebrow.

      "five of us," he glanced from the three to clarke, pursing his lips. "can we go now?"

      "sounds like a party," octavia joined in, standing with a grin. "make it six," it wasn't long until bellamy was at her side, a frown pulled at the corners of his lips.

      "hey, where are you going?" bellamy questioned, and if not demanded. sydney understood that he was protecting his sister, but in all honesty, sydney thought that he could at least give octavia a little space. after all, she had been locked up her whole life and hadn't seen much or had any friends.

      "going for a walk," octavia answered with a small smile, making a 'duh' tone stand out upon her words. before sydney knew it, all eyes were on clarke as the blonde snatched finn's wrist.

"hey, where you trying to take this off," she asked, eyebrows furrowed in lips in an irritated line. it was clear that she thought everybody who had just arrived on earth were most likely idiots. but sydney knew better than to judge those people. she just acted like she did.

      "yeah, so?" finn shrugged carelessly, tilting his head down at the girl in front of him.

      "so, this wristband transmits your vital signs to the ark," clarke informed. "take it off and the ark will think we're dead."

"should i care?" finn scoffed slightly. sydney understood his hate for the people on the ark. sure, her father lived on that ship, but most people that lived there were absolutely horrible. marcus kane, jaha, and most guards. except david. no, david miller was like a second dad to her. he wasn't bad at all, not unless he had to be.