VIII

"B-bea?" the next thing I knew, Issa fainted. When I turned to see who called, it was Kim. Shock was evident on her face upon seeing Issa.

Kimmy: "S-she's alive?" She asked me. She was about to cry and her voice almost cracked.

AJ: "Can we bring her inside first? And can you call a doctor to check her up?" She took Cayla from me so I can carry Issa inside. She then called a doctor.

Doctor: "It's nothing serious as of now, she fainted maybe because of stress."

AJ: "She's been complaining of being dizzy with all the lights and camera flashes." I said while holding Issa's hand.

Kimmy: "Ngayon lang ba to?" tanong niya sa akin.

AJ: "She started getting dizzy everytime nasisilaw siya sa lights or flashes since the accident, but it never came to completely blacking out."

Doctor: "Have her checked to a neurologist. I can recommend you to a friend." I just nodded. She then left and gave me the calling card of the neurologist.

Kimmy: "Why did you hide her from us AJ?" she asked, her voice starting to crack. I heaved a sigh and avoided her gaze.

AJ: "Can we talk somewhere else?" she just nodded. Lumabas kami ng room and went sa pool area ng hotel.

Kimmy: "Now tell me J, why? Bakit mo siya tinago sa amin?" She asked with anger in her voice.

AJ: "I did not hide her from you. It was her choice Kim, she asked me a favor and I gave it to her." I said while looking at the view in front of us. "Have you ever experienced being judged without knowing the real story? Na hindi ka paniwalaan ng taong mahal mo at lubos na nakakakilala sayo? The feeling of being alone, no one to talk to and listen to you. Well she has friends but she felt like they wouldn't understand. That's what she was going through before that caused her so much pain. The pain that killed her emotionally." I clenched my fist upon reminiscing what had happened.

Kimmy: "Naguguluhan ako J." She looked at me confused. I gave her a smirk.

AJ: "It's not my story to tell Kimmy. Mas mabuti na manggaling kay Issa."

Kimmy: "I understand. Pero, what about the body from her car? And why do you call her Issa?"

AJ: "She changed her name. She wanted to forget everything from her past including her name. Because every time she hears the name Bea, bumabalik sa kanya lahat ng sakit." I said. "I was on my way to Ateneo when I passed by Thirdy's condo. I saw her ran outside, she was crying. When she got on her car, she drove away. Ang bilis ng takbo niya. Of course she's still my friend and I'm concerned about her. So I followed her. She was driving really fast, we were already outside of the city when she bumped a guy. She was about to help him when he suddenly went inside her car and drove away with her. Until I saw the car about to fall of the cliff so I ran to help her. She was covered with blood and was unconscious." I narrated. Kimmy couldn't speak, she was shocked in disbelief. "I understand if you're angry with me, but Bea begged me. Nakita ko kung gaano siya nasaktan. I saw pain and desperation in her eyes."

Kimmy: "Hindi ako galit sayo, hindi ko alam ang buong storya. But the fact na tinalo mo si Bea. J, girlfriend siya ni Thirdy! You know how much he loves her, how much they love each other. Saksi ka sa lahat ng pinagdaanan nila." She's now mad. I can't blame her because she doesn't know what exactly happened. But she can't blame me for everything that has happened, I love Bea as  a friend and I didn't want it to develop into something more. But for 5 years of being with her, supporting each other, I woke up one day realizing that she makes me happy even with the simplest of things. I couldn't imagine my life without her. That's when I knew I love her.