Sam watches them leave, jealous that Shane has the girl and all he has is an anxiety driven friend who he basically has to hold together with duct tape. I lead him into the bathroom, washing his hair and lending him the spare shirt I had in my bag. He slams his hands on the white porcelain sink, screaming at his reflection, "This school sucks."

"No kidding. Look what it did to me." He looks at me, instantly feeling like an idiot.

He knows exactly how I got to where I am today and it's all McKinley High's fault.
See, looking at my life before McKinley it seemed like the typical crap any teenager or citizen of the world experienced: I grew up without a dad, dealing with Racist comments regarding the authenticity of my Hispanic heritage, I was a Military Brat and I learned how to live on my own. Once I came to McKinley, that's when everything started to push me closer to the edge; the inequality and bullying presented itself to me in ways I never experienced before because I never had to get into fights for being Slushied or being in a Club or on a sports team, the people who claimed to be my friends stood idle while other "friends" bullied, ignored or belittled me, I lost my parent and then my childhood best friend became the haunting ghost of her memory, I was cheated on, and I think worst of all was when my biological father finally decided to be in my life they tried to bully me and pressure me into giving him that shot.

That's why I left, that's what turned me into someone completely different.

New Message: Mr. Schue
Hey could you please come to my class really quick?

I stand in the doorway of Mr. Schuester's classroom, holding tightly onto the strap of my bag. Finn sits at a desk, waiting for the purpose of the meeting with Schue and our parents. He meets my eye in the doorway signing: what's going on?

I quickly signed back: I don't know.

Carole sits on the edge of Schue's desk, "Okay. Will, uh told us about your plans for the future."

"Yeah, which was supposed to be private," Finn hisses at Schue, angry for whatever reason.

I mean knowing Finn, he's probably just going to stay in Lima and work at Burt's shop or maybe teach a Glee Club someday.

Mr. Schue exhales, knowing that in that moment he lost Finn's trust in him as a confidante, "Look, I-I knew telling them might upset you, but I felt obligated to bring Burt and your mom into this discussion. This is a big decision."

"Well, you know, I was going to tell you guys about it sooner or later."

What the Hell are they talking about, what's his big decision? Burt moves from leaning against the wall beside the broken pencil sharpener by the blackboard, "Look, Finn, you know what okay? I gonna need somebody to take over the shop while I'm off in DC, and if I let your brother do it, he's gonna have all the grey small monkeys wearing white dinner jacket. Now, because I'm not anti-military or anything like that. I just don't get where you're coming from with this."

"Well, my dad was a war hero. I have an obligation to him to to be a good man. To make something of myself, to help people like he did."

Carol lets out a short breathy laugh, pinching the bridge of her nose, "I knew it was about him. You don't have to prove to anyone that your dads in you. You know, everybody already knows what kind of man you are."

Finn looks between us all but his eyes stay on me for the most part, assuming I'm on his side for this decision, "Yeah, but how can really know until you get tested? And what better way than than to walk in his footsteps?"

"Your dad was a good man. was brave and true, and he had the same goofy sense of humor you do. But he didn't die in Iraq. He served over there, but something happened to him. I never found out what. Uh, I he I don't know if he he did something or saw something just lost his way, but he broke."