Is there a God?

Finn stands up in front of the group of our peers, looking to Mr. Schue, "Mr. Schue? I have something to say. Something happened to me and I can't really get into it, but it's shaken me to my core."

Puck looks at me in horror, grabbing my hand tightly, "Oh, my God, he's coming out."

"Called it," I playfully shout, sticking my tongue out at Finn as he gives me the finger.

He pulls himself together again, quickly lifting his head up before continuing his announcement, "Why, yes. There is a man who's sort of recently come into my life and that man is Jesus Christ."

The smile on my face instantly washed away and a surge of disgust and anger washed over me, "That's way worse."

He looks at me, almost shocked by my reaction to his coming to Christ moment. And so does Kaydon, who's sitting beside Mercedes. But Finn moves past it, "And I know there's others in here who dig him too. And so I thought maybe this week we could pay tribute to him in music. You know, pay tribute to Jesus."

"Sorry, uh, but if I wanted to sing about Jesus, I'd go to church. And the reason I don't go to church is because most churches don't think very much of gay people. Or women. Or science," Kurt speaks out, voicing his beliefs and stand point on the matter.

I agree with him, point blank, there are some things that should not be sung or discussed at school. Mercedes shrugs, smiling at Finn then to me to try and reverse my anger, "I don't see anything wrong with getting a little church up in here."

"I agree. I've had a really hard year, and I turned to God a lot for help. I, for one, wouldn't mind saying thanks," Quinn says, pulling her legs into her chair.

I roll my eyes at her comment because she never would of had a 'really hard year' if she followed her religion and stayed a virgin. God's cosmic karma was all she experienced.

Santana must have been reading my thoughts or facial expressions, saying exactly what I was thinking in her own way, "Thanks for what? That it didn't come out a lizard baby?"

Puck yawns, "Whenever I pray, I fall asleep."

Mr. Schue must have liked some part of this suggestion because he sat there not objecting like he typically would, "Well, guys, maybe our song selections don't have to be about Jesus. We could do songs about spirituality."

I groan coincidentally at the same time Puck does, so Finn chooses to direct his attention to his ex-best friend, "You got a problem with Jesus?"

"Oh, I got no problem with the guy. I'm a total Jew for Jesus. He's my number one Hebe. What I don't like seeing is people using J-Money to cramp everybody else's style 'cause it seems to me that true spirituality or whatever you want to call it, is about enjoying the life that you've been given. I see God every time I make out with a new chick."

Kaydon scowls at Puck, not liking or agreeing with Puck's viewpoint, "That doesn't make any sense. In fact, it's stupid."

"Are you calling Mr. Billy Joel stupid? At this time I'd like to continue my streak of doing only songs by Jewish artists," He gets up, picks up a guitar.

Come on, Virginia, don't let me wait
You Catholic girls start much too late
Oh, but sooner or later It comes down to fate I might as well be the one
Well, they showed you a statue
Told you to pray
They built you a temple and locked you away Oh, but they never told you the price that you pay
For things that you might have done

Only the good die young
Whoa-oh, whoa-oh Whoa, whoa, oh
You got a nice white dress
And a party on your confirmation
You got a brand-new soul
Mmm, and a cross of gold