yes/no

The bell rings over head, calling for everyone's attention. Putting my camera in my messenger bag, I sit in the chair farthest away from everyone or at least as far away I could get away with.

So much has happened since I left I feel so out of place, more than I did before because now everyone, including myself, proceeds with extreme caution in regards to me. I'm noticably different, physically and mentally.

Mr. Schue walks into Glee Club and straight to the whiteboard, "Finn, give me a drum roll!"

And with those instructions, he hurriedly grabs a black marker from the ledge of the board and starts writing. As Schuester wrote a new letter the club sounded out what he was saying, trying to guess what the assignment would be this week. He draws a question mark on the board, stepping to his left revealing: MARRY ME?

"Marry me," the club reads aloud together, confused by the question scribed on the board.

"Question mark!" Brittany finishes, making everyone laugh at her before turning their excitement to our teacher.

"Yes, I am proposing to Ms. Pillsbury. This is the kind of news that you share with your family, and you guys are my family." Our teacher's excited eyes linger on me for a second, directing the family part in my direction. He's clearly still upset with me but trust me, mine's been festering longer.

"Mr. Schue, we're so happy for you," Quinn congratulates him, seemingly genuine. To be fair I can't tell if any of them are genuine or real anymore.

"We totally don't think you'll screw it up this time." I don't see how that was a compliment.

Mr. Schue smiles at us, sharing our excitement for his decision, "Here's the thing: it'sot to be perfect. I'm sitting down with Emma's parents to ask for permission, and then this proposal needs to knock her well-washed socks off. And that's where you guys come in, okay? So the assignment for the week is to come up with a proposal number. And you know Ms. Pillsbury- it's got to be perfect."

"Well, you can count on us, Mr. Schue," Kaydon and Finn salute before we leave Glee.

I leave the library after my free period because after being gone for 3 weeks, I only had a few days to get it all done. Sam runs down the hall to meet me at my side with a towel around his neck and his blonde hair dripping wet, "Hey, guess what, dude. I just joined synchronized swimming."

"No way! Why the Hell are you doing that?" I laugh loudly, getting passersby to stare at me.

He shrugs hitting me with his towel, "Yeah, it means I get my letterman jacket."

"Dude, you're in synchronized swimming and Glee Club. That's like some kind of weird death wish."

"Swimming is sexy."

I snort, "Not if it's synchronized."

He sticks out his tongue at me, "I'm not worried."

Azimio and Nick both Slushie him as they pass us. Sam stands there in shock, having forgot how being Slushied feels. I pull out my camera and start taking pictures of him, passing peoples reactions, his Slushier's retreating bodies.

Mercedes walks out of her class, seeing him drenched in cherry ICEE , "Oh, my God, Sam. Are you okay?"

She wipes some of the slush off his shoulders and hair while I wipe his face with the towel he had from swimming. Shane, Cedes boyfriend, walks over looking at Mercedes helping our friend with a hint of jealousy, "What's going on, baby?"

"I'm just I'm helping out a friend."

He grabs her hand, pulling her away from us, "I think he'll pull through. Let me walk you to study hall."