WTF

My legs pumped beneath me as I made my way to the part of the forest that leads to Xavier's pack house. Alianna was on her way back to Jake's when she was attacked. I flew out the door as soon as the words left Paul's mouth. I could hear his paws thudding against the earth behind me but I didn't slow down.

When I arrived at Xavier's pack house there was a crowd clustered around what looked like a make shift doctor's office. I could feel Xavier from here. How did he managed to get here so fast? I pushed through the crowd using my elbows, forcefully in some areas. When I reached Xavier's side I immediately took in his rigid form. His jaw looked like the slightest tick and it would shatter. I placed my hand on his shoulder and turned to look at Alianna's body on the table.

She looked.. well she looked like she was attacked. There were plenty signs of a struggle. The doctor was cleaning up her wounds so they can heal properly. He swabbed at a deep cut on her forearm and she sprung from the table hissing in pain.

"FREAKING DUCKBALLS!" she all but screamed. Xavier didnt waste anytime in grabbing her ,gently of course, and turning her head so that she was looking directly at him. "Anna! Ann! Tell me what happened!" He sputtered before she looses consciousness again. "Rogues... something .....bout mates.... and rightfully theirs..." her eyes rolled back into her head and her whole head fell back as she swayed. The doctor tried telling Xavier to let her go but one growl from Xavier and he backed off.

"What else Anna? How did they get on the territory without us noticing?" Xavier prodded. He's got his priorities straight. I didnt even think about that until he said that. How did I not feel them? That made me worry.

Alianna swayed again but her eyes managed to focus on Xavier again. " no scent.. didnt even smell them.. till they were on me.." She mumbled and then she got this weird look in her eye as if trying to communicate with Xavier without really speaking. She grabbed his shoulders and whispered "this was a message for you." If I wasn't so close to Xavier I wouldn't have heard her but I knew that Xavier heard her loud and clear. He instantaneously froze and let go of her. She dropped back onto the table and the doctor continues his examinations on her. Everybody resumed talking and moving but Xavier was still frozen in the same position.

I walked around him and got in front of him. He was so tall or rather that I was so short that my eyes were level to his chest. His eyes were glassy but behind them a bomb went off. Xavier wasn't here. This was his wolf. I reached up and touched his cheek slightly. He jerked back instantly and looked at me. He looked like a man mad. There was a frenzy in his eyes. "GET AWAY FROM ME!" He yelled and shoved my shoulder as he stormed past me. "Xavi! Wait up!" I hollered back. He spun around and sneered " I dont have time for you right now human! I need to find the men who did this to my little sister! The men that wouldn't face me man to man but rather attack an innocent young girl!!!!"

He ran off into the woods and I just stood there trying to make sense of everything that just happened. The human comment stung a little but I know he's just hurt and I know he's blaming himself for this but surely he knows that Alianna would never blame him nor would I. I sighed and decided to let him cool off. I headed back to Jake's infirmary to see how alianna was doing. She was taken there to get the proper rest she needs to heal.

When I arrived Maxim stood outside her room door looking deep in thought. I could also sense that Eros and his wife were inside the room.Jake and Jason were outside her room talking to the doctor. When they saw me they said goodbye and Jake and Jason met me halfway in the hallway. "Hey princess"

"Hey Alphas. How's she doing?"
"The doctor said shes going to be alright in a few days. He also said that she said some things before she fell unconscious." Jake queried. So I told him everything that she said and how Xavier reacted.

"Hmm so she was attacked from the back and didnt know they were rogues until she saw them. And they said it was a message for Xavier?" Jake reiterated. I nodded.

"What kind of enemies does this man have? What kind of man is this man?" Jason questioned. I just sagged my shoulders. I just hope Xavier is safe and is mentally okay. Jake and Jason went off to assure the pack that we were not under attack and I decided to take a walk.

I walked down the frequently used path to get to the stream making sure to tell Jason where I was going. I figured Jake already has enough going on he doesn't need any more problems. I started wondering if I was in Alianna's position if I would have sensed them. Then I started wondering how they got so far onto the territory without me sensing them. That thought made me stop walking and heading into the other direction to where Alianna was attacked. Surely there must be some clues. I wondered about the guards on patrol. Didnt they see anything or hear anything? I figured Jake would handle all of that so I kept walking. But something still wasn't making sense. Shes an Alpha female. She should be able to smell a rogue miles away. I'm a fucking wonder of the fucking world and I couldn't feel them enter. This is some fucked up shit. I started getting frustrated with myself trying to figure how the rogues got here. I was so caught up in my mind rambling that I didn't look where I was going and walked straight into a wall. Or at least I thought it was a wall.