Chapter 15

My problems from yesterday were still the same. Whenever I tried to talk to Jake, he'd ignore me and walk away. I was seriously getting sick of this, so I just stopped trying and treated him the same way he was treating me. When I was at my locker, the person I never thought I'd see again came up to me. Harry!

Uh, what did he want?

"Well, nice to see you again." he said.

"Hey. you're nose is better! Good for you!" I said sarcastically.

"I noticed that you and Jake aren't exactly on speaking terms. What did you do?" he asked me with that stupid mischevious grin of his.

"It's none of your business, OK?" I screamed.

"Whoa, no need to get offended!" he said raising his arms in defeat. "I just wanted to know what happened!" 

"Yeah, like I'd tell you! Now, out of my way!" I said. "I have to go to class!"

"OK, if you must! But I will find out!" he said laughing an evil laugh and then walking away.

Seriously disgusting.

*****

"Carrie, you awake?" 

Chloe was shaking me.

"What?" I snapped.

"Whoa, crancky pants! You've been this way for at least a week. What's wrong with you?" she asked sounding concerned. Huh, like I cared!

"It's nothing! Jake and I just had a fight so now we're not speaking to each other!" I said calmly.

"How can you be so calm?" she asked.

"Because I'm sick of trying to talk to him!" I yelled. "I've been trying all week! If he doesn't wanna listen. he doesn't have to! I'm done!" 

I picked up my bag and went out of the Cafeteria. 

"You can't run from this!" screamed Chloe from behind me.

I just walked away. I wanted nothing to do with him anymore.

"He's the worst!" I complained.

*****

BUZZ BUZZ

My phone was ringing. 

Uh, Chloe! I'm not picking up.

I got a text. Chloe! Typical! If you don't pick up her calls then she texts you.

You have to come to the park right now! - C

Great! What was she up to?

I wennt anway. She had told me to wait on a bench so I waited. Just then, Jake came up to me.

"What are you doing here?" we both screamed.

"I got a text from Chloe telling me to meet her here!" I said.

"Same!" he said

"Why would she -"

I realized what she had done. She was trying to get us together again. 

"Oh!" I said.

"What?" he asked impatiently. 

"She's trying to make us friends again." I told him.

He looked annoyed but then he sat on the bench next to me. There was a long pause. I was getting uncomfortable. I finally had the chance to say something so I did.

"I'm sorry!" I whispered.

He looked towards me confused. His expression changed into a smile.

"Look, the thing is I do like you, but -" I was stopped midway when he put his hand on my shoulder.

"But you're not ready to be in a relationship yet?" he completed my sentence for me.

"You took the words right out of my mouth!" I said.

He chuckled.

"It's OK! I'll wait for you!" he said smiling.

"Why?" I asked stupidly.

I lifted my chin with his finger so I was looking straight into his eyes.

"Because I like you!"

Those words made me blush so hard that I thought I looked like a tomato.

"Can we still be friends though?" he asked me.

I smiled a nodded. Of course I still wanted to be friends with him! Who knows? Maybe some day I'll be ready to go out with him. But just not yet!

He stood up and held out his hand. I put my hand in his without any hesitation and pulled myself up. I leaned my head on his shoulder and we walked together, hand in hand. We were together once again!

*****

Sorry for the short chapter people! I know, you may have expected somerthing different but I want to make more chapters so I thought their relationship would wait for a while! Please like, vote and comment! Later!