"Why?" her dad asked carefully, not wanting to push her. Lola chuckled humorlessly as she shook her head. "I've been back one day and I've already seen the guy I love kiss one of my best friends, seen Penny try to kill Jug - apparently for the second time - moved house and I don't have my bike" she ranted.

Lola had never expected life to be easy when she got back - it was Riverdale; nothing ever was - but she didn't think she would be thrown into the deep end straight away. Lola's dad frowned at the mention of Sweet Pea kissing Josie and Lola could tell he was already planning ways to kill him, but his face softened again when she finished.

"Well it's a good thing I can fix one of those things" he said with a grin. Lola looked up at him questioningly but he turned around and walked towards the counter. Without another word, he picked something up before tossing it to her. Lola caught it with ease and turned over her hand to see a set of keys.

Her face immediately lit up with excitement. "You saved my bike?" she squealed. Her dad nodded at her, making her want to dance around the room. "It's out front besides Jughead's. I'm surprised you didn't see it last night" he stated.

Lola was about to run into his arms and hug him when a knock sounded from the door. She frowned, wondering who it was at this time but her heart stopped when her dad opened the door and she caught a glimpse of familiar black hair.

"Hey Mr. Carter. Can I talk to Lola?" she heard Sweet Pea ask with a nervous edge to his voice. Lola could see her dad stiffen and she wasn't sure if he was going to tell at him or hit him.

"Do you really think that's a good idea? I'm sure you're the last person she wants to see right now" her dad said. His voice was eerily calm and even Lola was scared of it; she would have rather be yelled at then have him speak like that to her.

"Sir, I just want to-" Sweet Pea began but was cut off as Lola's dad raised his hand in the air. For a second, Lola thought he was going to slap Sweet Pea, but he didn't. "I suggest you leave. Right. Now. Before I do something we both regret" her dad threatened.

Lola could only imagine the look of fear on Sweet Pea's face right now. He seemed to hesitate for a moment before deciding to give up. As he walked away, defeated, Lola's dad sighed and closed the door.

However, just as she heard the click of it closing, another knock was heard. Her dad groaned and turned back to the door, swinging it open aggressively. "I thought I told you to- oh, hey Jughead" he said, calming down when he realised who it was.

He stood back, allowing Jughead to walk past him into the trailer. Jughead gave Lola a questioning look as he walked over to her but she shrugged it off.

"Hey, Veronica and Archie are waiting for us" he said, not questioning it any further. Lola frowned at him, not sure what he meant. She had planned to stay home and do nothing all day after everything that had happened the day before.

"We're going on a mini road trip for our last day of freedom" he explained. Lola thought about it for a moment but, really, there was no way she could say no. She grinned at her best friend before running out the door. "Last one there has to sit in the middle" she called over her shoulder.

Jughead stood for a moment, not having been prepared to race Lola, but he soon took off running after her. However, thanks to her head start, Lola had made it to Archie's new car and had climbed over the side into the back before Jughead could make it.

"You cheated" Jughead pointed out in between breaths as he climbed in the other side. Archie chuckled at the two while Lola grinned over innocently at her best friend. "You snooze you loose" she taunted, earning herself a glare.