"What are you doing? Hurry up!" He commanded Chanyeol and the pause after his words finally made Chanyeol able to speak again.

"You mean come somewhere with you? Are you gonna kidnap me?" He said, pushing the guy away with a strong force but the guy just came back and said –

"If you don't come with me now, you're going to wish you were kidnapped." He said, gritting his teeth and trying desperately to pull Chanyeol towards the car.

Chanyeol furrowed his eyebrows. He didn't know what was happening.

"What do you mean-" At that exact moment, as if in response to his half-uttered question, there was a loud rumple and another sickening, crunching sound, and the ground beneath Chanyeol burst open, pushing both him and the little guy into the sky. Chanyeol screamed as he was suspended in the air and then he fell down again, landing near the car. His face was contorted in fear. He didn't know what was happening. He sat there; shocked, stupid and stupefied. And then suddenly there was huge movement in front of him and the ground in front of him burst open, the asphalt breaking, rocks and hard material raining in all direction and something huge creeped out from the ground.

His first thought was:

Oops, zombie apocalypse.

His second thought was that zombies weren't huge pieces of slab which were brown and cut and bleeding green and white. Ropes shot out from the weird thing and Chanyeol, panic-struck, crawled backwards; his heart beating faster and faster and he realized that there were tears in his eyes. He just moved backwards, eyes never shifting once from the weird object. His brain registered the smell of damp earth and the soft core of trees that he recognized thanks to working with his grandfather, who owned a large farmhouse.

And it was then that he realized that this... this was a tree.

So the weird figures must be branches.

They turned towards him – the branches - pointed, and ready to grasp him and he just scooted even more backwards... until his back hit the car.

Shit.

He was so surprised he couldn't do anything. But suddenly there was another movement from his right, and light poured in the dark – a lot of light. Chanyeol's eyes instinctively shut, protecting themselves from the intense brightness, however he opened them back again and saw the little guy jumping at the tree with a shard of light. It went on for some while – light against tree and Chanyeol was scared for his life as he tried his best to get up. Just then, the light shard shattered, breaking into pieces and then completely bursting. And the tree went back the way from which it came and soon, it was gone, the roots were gone, everything was gone. The only signs of the attack were the cracked roads and the cuts on Chanyeol's hands.

It was all silent.

Chanyeol fell back on the ground again, feeling faint. The guy spared him a look and came towards him, kneeling in front of him and Chanyeol unconsciously noticed the beads of sweat that lined up the boy's face and the pure, dead exhaustion in his eyes.

"Hey, it's okay. Up, get up." The boy said, helping Chanyeol up even though it seemed to him that the boy needed more support. Then the boy got into the driver's seat and motioned Chanyeol to enter the passenger seat. And maybe it was the curiosity that lingered on Chanyeol's mind, or the fresh, raw emotions of fear and surprise that made him too tired to argue or think as himself and made him want to submit or maybe it was the tiredness that weighted down on the boy's shoulders that made him feel like doing a good deed and obeying – or maybe all of it combined, that made him follow the instructions and he found himself sitting in the SUV, eyes staring straight up ahead, hands clutching the edge of the snug seats as the boy tried his best to drive the car out of the slight ditch. Chanyeol could still feel some vibrations below him and these weren't the roar of car as it tried it's very best to follow its commander.