He kept walking.

Suddenly, there was a sound. His eyes widened as his footsteps stopped, planting himself in the middle of the road. It was the sound of a car, driving really fast. It came from the road right to the intersection ahead. He couldn't see any car, thanks to a huge farmhouse blocking his view, but there was a sound of a car. He wasn't imagining it. And unless this was something robotic, it was a human – who had to be awake.

He ran towards the crossroads. His long legs helped him to run fast towards his destination and upon reaching the center, he looked to his right to see a car coming straight at him. He couldn't move. The flashlights of the car blinded his vision and he stood paralyzed, his chest clenching when he made contact with a pair of eyes behind the window shield of the car. The other pair of eyes widened and the car swerved and skidded across the road, the back of the car spinning to the front and ultimately crashing into the fence of a farmhouse.

Chanyeol only stood still; perplexed, confused, scared but relieved. He let out a breath. He was alive. The door of the car – a big, black SUV – opened and a figure jumped out. Chanyeol tensed once again, watching the figure. It was small as compared to his huge body stature and was wearing a black hoodie, with jeans and a pair of high-tops. The figure inspected the damage of the car and turned towards Chanyeol, who couldn't breathe, because he realized that it was a human, who was driving the car in the night, awake. He briefly wondered if it was already 4:30 AM, but he realized that the last time he had checked the time about fifteen minutes ago, it was a quarter to one. It couldn't possibly be morning yet.

The figure marched up to Chanyeol who stood still. He hadn't moved an inch. He was too surprised, this new discovery both shocking and scaring. The worst 3'S. As the figure stopped right in front of him, Chanyeol had a few seconds to realize that it was a boy before the figure started shouting at him –

"Why the fuck were you running? And why did you stop right in front of my car? You could have died or I could have died and you damaged my car! Hello, are you listening?" The boy waved a hand in front of Chanyeol's face and Chanyeol couldn't help himself as he grabbed his hand. The boy squealed, jumped and let out a string of curses that Chanyeol didn't resister. He was too busy grabbing the boy's hand and letting his big, long fingers slide across the thin wrist. He noticed a pulse.

"What the fuck are you doing? Let go of my hand, you dickhead!" The boy's words registered in his mind this time and he said –

"Fuck, you're actually alive," The boy's eyebrows furrowed and it seemed as if he was going to shout at Chanyeol again before his expression changed. It sort of softened for a moment – his eyes dipping down, the fiery trails of anger lost from his face, a sympathetic look washing over his whole being –

"Oh, I see," He said, before his expression hardened, the soft, relaxed muscles pulling into a serious and somber look, "You need to come with me, now." His voice was commanding. Chanyeol creased his forehead.

"What?" He asked; genuine confusion mixed with apprehension. This was a stranger after all.

Suddenly there was some sort of movement beneath his feet. The smaller's hand reached out to grab Chanyeol by the wrist.

"Now!" The smaller said, pulling Chanyeol towards his car and just in time, because there was a long sound, like thunder and the ground upon which Chanyeol's feet were was sketched with a huge, long line.

Chanyeol's eyes widened immediately. He resisted the movements of the little guy and stared at the road in fear and wonder. The guy grabbed his wrist tighter and tried to shake him but Chanyeol's weight was too much for him. He entered Chanyeol's vision – good-looking features that were staring at him in confusion, controlled anger and impatience.