The Dilemma-1

Jane
' Oh no! You should seriously cut down the chocolates and burgers' I exclaimed as I looked at my reflection in the full length mirror of my room. The black wide pants and the navy blue blouse made me looked quite presentable but they could not hide my wide hips, heavy legs, plump breasts and my belly hump. I tied my hair in a tight bun though some wild strains could not be contained by the elastic band. Next I proceeded with some light makeup and headed for my black pumps. I did not have time to mull over my plain looks because I could be late for my meeting and this was the last thing I wanted. Thankfully the cab was already waiting outside of my building so I hurriedly got inside and gave the driver the address. It wasn't unusual for Mr. Alexander to call me in for a meeting but he never held any at his house. It might be due to my current situation. I just hoped that he had a solution for it. I have been in the United Kingdom for over three years with no visa issues but for the past one month, the immigration office started to bother me with some formalities. Though I had all my papers in check, Meghan, my lawyer friend told me that they could complicate the visa extension process and I couldn't afford to be in this mess. I was on my final year of training as Scientific Officer in the field of Food Technology. I sacrificed hours of sleep and had to stay away from my country and family for this training, I couldn't let all this go in vain. The cab stopped in front the Alexander building dragging me out of my thoughts . It was the most famous building in the entire city. I paid the driver and stepped out and couldn't help but admire its beauty. The building screamed luxury and class. Mr Alexander was a well established business tycoon and Real Estate magnate. He had ventures in almost every field possible. I came across him when he took over the Greenfield Laboratory. His management was a welcomed change and he made it his duty to be accesible to his staffs. Since I was a foreigner and the youngest one among my colleagues, my ideas and opinions were often dismissed as too modern or too innovative. Mr Alexander was quick to notice that and encouraged me to come with new ideas to diversify and modernised our lab. This led to an easy and honest relationship between him and me. Actually he reminded me a lot of my father. I snapped out of my thoughts as I heard a voice. I quickly composed myself.
' Good morning Ms. Matthew. Mr. Alexander is waiting for you. Please follow me'. I followed Mr Brown, the butler to an office that could be as big as my appartment. As soon as I stepped inside, I found Mr Alexander and smiled .
'Hello Jane, how are you?'
'Hi sir, I am fine and you?' I replied and walked towards him. He was sitting behind a large mahogany desk. I shook his hands as I sat down across him. Mr. Alexander was no small man. He was well built, with an aristocratic nose and piercing blue eyes. His grey hair was styled perfectly with not a single strain out of place. He was wearing a grey Armani suit that matched his greying eyebrows and beard.
' I hope you didn't have any trouble to find this place?' he asked.
'Trouble finding the most famous place in the city? Of course!' I replied jokingly. His laughter rang in the office and said
' Always as sarcastic as you can be, huh?'. I simply laughed and then I saw him looking past my shoulders. Instinctively I turned around to see  a drop dead gorgeous guy walking towards me. I could feel my jaw dropping so I quickly look confusingly at Mr Alexander. He motioned the other man to sit in the chair next to me. Inspite of my largw size, I immediately felt small as soon as he sat. His cologne hit my nostrils and I resisted the urge to turn my head and get a good whiff of him.
' Jane, this is my eldest son Emilio and Emilio this is Jane. She works at the lab and is among the best officers we have.' I just nod at Emilio and he sort of half smiled at me.  I waited for Mr. Alexander to continue. Why was his son here?
'Look Jane, I am aware of your immigration problem and I think I have a solution for it' It felt a bit weird. I should be relieved but there was something about this meeting that felt off. I could feel that the solution that he was going to propose wasn't going to be so simple. He paused and looked back and forth from me and his son whom I could feel became still. It was as if he was shocked and he knew what his father was going to say. I dared myself to glance at him and I knew in the second that I was right. His face was tight in disbelief. He stared at his father who very diligently turned his attention to me. I gathered my strength and asked
'What are you proposing Sir?' I could feel that it was a mistake asking this. Mr. Alexander stared at something on his desk and then slowly moved his eyes on me.
' A contract marriage!' In my peripheral vision, I saw his son become more rigid which I didn't know was possible. I tried to focus on what Mr. ALEXANDER just said. I was really confused about this meeting. If we were to discuss my problem, what was Emilio doing here? Why did he react like this to what his father said? It was my problem. I was a complete stranger to him so why did he even bother to be here? I pushed aside my thoughts and re focus on the solution Mr. Alexander proposed and said
'I think we should wait for Meghan to see if she comes up with a less risky idea. I mean I still have time....'
' There's no time Jane' Mr Alexander interrupted me and continued
'I already talked to Meghan and she said that this is perfect. It will solve all your problems'
'I seriously think that this is a big step Sir, I mean there are many risky things to consider. Let us just say that I do accept to do this, where will we find someone to agree to this whole contract thing? Not to forget that we will need someone reliable and trustworthy. This could end up really bad. I mean Sir.... ' I stopped when I saw that there was something going on between Mr. ALEXANDER and his son. They were looking at each other in a weird way as if they were talking telepathically. I couldn't take this anymore and snapped
' ok! That's it! What's going on Sir?'
He leisurely leaned towards me and said
' I know someone who will be able to do this. In fact, this will help him too'
'Who?' I hurriedly asked. He remained silent for a while before pointing to his son. I had almost forget that he was sitting next to me. I turned and faced him. He turned his head slowly until his pitch black eyes met mine. I felt a strange sensation and tried to turn away from his attention. I looked down in my lap and then faced Mr. ALEXANDER. I asked
'You mean your son?' He nodded and I couldn't hold myself anymore and burst out laughing.