News

The kiss lasted for about a minute until I finally got the courage to break it. He looks in my eyes as he continues to hold me close to him, way too close.
     "We should get back to bed," I whisper, tangling my fingers in his blonde locks. I wish it was long like it used to be.
     "Uh, yeah I suppose..." he replies not before planting one more peck on my already plump lips. Flashing him a smile, I climb back on the bed, this time under the covers allowing me to comfortably slide in.
     He cracks a grin before crawling over me and laying down under the covers. Scooting closer to me he wraps an arm around my waist as I lay next to his chest. One last kiss was pressed on my tired face before we both fell back asleep in the same position as before.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

     "Mom......mom!"
     "Mmmm," I groan while Michael was shaking my arm, trying to get me to wake up.
     "Freddie and I are going to go back to the hospital. Wanna come?" He asks as I continued to lay beside the drummer who was still asleep as well.
     "You two go, I'll be there in a bit," I reply, burying my face in the covers, inhaling the luxurious scent of the blonde. I hear a bit more chatter before the door closes and the room grows silent again.
I feel the mattress shift as Roger sits up and hovers over me before gently brushing a piece of hair from my face. "Good morning beautiful," He whispers, pressing his lips on my forehead while I slowly open my eyes.
"Mmm, you should stop calling me that," I mumble, rubbing my tired eyes.
"And why's that?" He replies sarcastically as if I was kidding.
"Because..." I say before being interrupted by a yawn. "It's a lie." I reply allowing him to shake his head and let out a small laugh.
"I have never and would never, lie to you." He responds, outlining a side of my face with a single finger. "You. Are. Beautiful."
"I'm 41 and have 3 strands of grey hair already." I sigh as he let out another laugh. "What? It's true."
"Nah, you look the same since 1975. Maybe even more gorgeous."
"You're a terrible liar." I reply before sitting up and rubbing my tired face. The thoughts of last night lingered inside my brain while I slowly came back to reality. "We should probably go to the hospital, right?" I groan as Roger sits up next to me, gazing at me with pure delight on his face.
"Yeah, I just don't know what we'd do there though. I can't stand another game of scrabble." He says making me crack a small smile in return.
Suddenly the phone of the hotel rings allowing me to get out of bed to answer it. "Hello?"
"Izzy! Get your guys asses in the hospital... now!!!" I hear Freddie's voice demand through the line before hanging up.
I set down the phone and turn to face Roger with a worried expression painted on my face. "We need to go to the hospital..."

>>>>>>>>>>>

We burst through the doors of the hospital and down the hall until we reached Brian's room. I swing open the door and hurry over to find Michael burying his face in his palms while on the chair and John silently crying in the corner.
"What the hell is going on?" I ask in a loud demanding tone as the doctor stands silently next to Brian who avoided my eyes.
"Mrs May, Mr Taylor, will you please step out into the hallway please..." the doctor asks, leading the way towards the door as Roger and I follow. He turns around as I close the door behind me with a stern look on his face.
     "I'm sorry to inform the two of you that... when we did the CT scan, we found 3 growing tumors in his lungs and arthritis in both of his hands. He has cancer..."
     Time fucking stopped, I'm not kidding. Everything was in slow motion as my heart stops. His voice began to fade out while Roger tried hard not to cry.
     They both tried to comfort me but I stepped back, not wanting to be touch by anyone. My breathing got heavy and my anger grew before I raced away from them, down the hall, and outside.
     My body was numb, everything felt weightless as I stumbled outside and began to cry. I'm surprised I even had tears to cry. I've cried rivers over my lifetime but this, this was an ocean of both lost and sorrow.
     I was drowning, not only in my tears, but in my thoughts. They were all somewhat the same: what are the fucking odds of this happening to me again? Why does the universe want me to be alone? What did I do to deserve this?
     "What did I do!?" I scream, crouching down on the pavement and continuing to cry as pedestrians walking by noticed me. They all continued walking. They all carried on with their lives while mine was slowly breaking and crumbling.
     My hands shook as I cried into them while also slamming my fists on the pavement. Everyone who was outside knew I was distressed since I was outside a hospital so they all left me alone...thank god.
     Wait no, what the fuck? Why has "god" put all of this on me?! Why me?! I didn't do anything wrong!
     Then it hit me, I need to be with my husband. Especially right now. Standing up, I wipe my tears the best I could before heading back inside, down the hall, and to his room.