Chapter 1: Apollo's Bride

"Long ago when the world was new, Titans ruled the world lead by the great Kronos! He ruled the world with an iron grip that no one can disobey him. Fearing that his children will overthrow him he devoured them all but three of his sons survived.

Hades, Poseidon, and the youngest Zeus! They joined forces and defeated their father and imprisoned him in Tartarus, Zeus divided the world between his brother, Poseidon was given the seas and oceans, Hades the underworld and Zeus ruled the skies.

Many millennia have passed and the world is still safe because of three brave gods!"

I remember my mother used to tell me those stories before bedtime. I was a small girl then believing in fairytales and magic, as I grew older I realized something. I really loved Mythology and other historical myths and legends whatever you call them. I'm crazy about them!

Cold November wind blew on my face as I walked towards the public library, Ruth my assistant had forgotten to bring some books for my research and I needed to get it myself. Ugh! Why do I need an assistant if I do everything myself?

I pushed the door opened it gave a little squeal, the librarian looked at me sternly as I walked past her. It was just a little sound! I hurriedly find a place to put my bag and walked towards the greek mythology section. I got the books I wanted and returned to my seat, I flipped the pages and read the stories. It brings back good memories! but I needed to get my research done. I can do the reading later.

I open the book about Greek structural sites. I need to get my research about Mythology in the Modern world done or else Professor Laila Smith, my mentor will flare her nostrils at me. The image of her angry face made me laugh a little. I looked at the books that I picked and I noticed that the book about Apollo was missing...Hmmm.. I flipped the books one by one to check if I have mislooked but it wasn't there!

Ugh! I must've forgotten to pick it up. I stood up and walked towards the dusty shelves until I reached the very end of the line. I stopped and begun to look at the books all lined up neatly. I looked at them one by one when I noticed something strange.

There was one particular book that looked so old that it probably belonged to the medieval period. I took it out from the shelf and stared at it. I am not mistaken! This is a book from the medieval period, the outlines of the book and paper tells me that! I excitedly opened the book. Inside it where several scriptures, I cannot understand. It must be ancient greek I thought.

I hurriedly walked towards my seat and put on the table and examined it. This is so exciting! How can someone leave this unattended? How come the public library has it?

I flipped the pages carefully, judging by the paper it was a papyrus used by the ancient greeks to write on. My heart beat so fast out of excitement! The book itself looked so magnificent that I want to take it home! Then suddenly out of nowhere the letters have began to move, I rubbed my eyes, Maybe it's fatigue I mumbled to myself. The words suddenly rushed towards my hand and filled my palm with letters as if they were dancing on my hand, It startled me big time! I stood up immediately that the chair fell behind me giving a loud bang!

The librarian ran towards me and shooshed me! I turned to her and gave an apologetic gesture when I looked back to check the book, it was gone! Gone? It was right here! I thought desperately!

Did someone take it? Oh my god! Where is it?!

"Are you looking for this?" A kind masculine voice came from behind me, I turned around to see who it was. His read hair ruffled from the strong wind outside, he still has his jacket on and he is holding...the book!